Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Well, the feat only applies vs mind affecting spells and abilities, I don't know you should fiddle with the base Will save.

If you want to anyway, I'd say make it an activation, and give it this code, around Post-Attr 10000:

doneif (field[hIsOn1].value = 0)

hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value -= hero.child[aWIS].field[aModBonus].value
hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value += hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value

As always, no assurances on the code, make sure you test and refine if necessary.
Aaron is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 21st, 2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Well, the feat only applies vs mind affecting spells and abilities, I don't know you should fiddle with the base Will save.

If you want to anyway, I'd say make it an activation, and give it this code, around Post-Attr 10000:

doneif (field[hIsOn1].value = 0)

hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value -= hero.child[aWIS].field[aModBonus].value
hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value += hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value

As always, no assurances on the code, make sure you test and refine if necessary.
No need to refine. Works as is.

Two things. First, to make it an activation, select "Show in Charges List?" and put something in "Charge Effect 1" such as "active" or anything that will let you know what's going on there.

The second is more important. I recommend creating your own .user file (call it anything you want, but I would avoid following the naming convention of the community set for personal files), then use the New (Copy) option to make a copy of the Force of Personality feat. In the Replaces Thing Id box, put the id of the original feat (fForcePers). The reason I suggest this is that if you change the feat in the community file (in this case CAdv - Feats), it will be overwritten with each update and you'll have to do this again. If you create your own file, you won't have to worry about it.
Sendric is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
ted11

Old December 1st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Belated reply, but thanks for this, works perfectly. After several permutations the best I could fit in the short charge description was "Only on mind-affect Will saves"

But certainly for NPCs, most Will saves they make will be from mind-affecting spells and abilities, so good to keep on and have the program do the math, while still able to toggle off for other stuff.
ted11 is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
Raku

Old December 19th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Master Thrower's weapon focus pre-req weapon focus (any throwing) is always red for me, even after selecting something like, dart, throwing axe, javelin.
Raku is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
beber75

Old January 20th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Hi everyone ,

sorry bothering with that, but is there a simple way to get rid of the reflex +2 bug ?

For example, I've created a first level half-orc barbarian and it starts with Fortitude save +2, reflex save +2 and will save +0

Thanks
beber75 is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old January 20th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beber75 View Post
Hi everyone ,

sorry bothering with that, but is there a simple way to get rid of the reflex +2 bug ?

For example, I've created a first level half-orc barbarian and it starts with Fortitude save +2, reflex save +2 and will save +0

Thanks
um, what reflex bug? I dont see it. when i create a 1st level barbarian, i get +2/+0/+0

What version you running?

EDIT: my bad, i didnt notice the half-orc part. Serves me right to respond to a post when tired. Sorry. Ill shut up now.

Last edited by mirtos; January 21st, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
mirtos is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 21st, 2013, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Hi everyone ,

Thanks
This is actually a problem with the race types incorrectly adding to the saving throws. I had fixed this at one point, but it appears to have creeped back in. I'll figure out the fix then post here what you need to do. Alternatively, you can always use an adjustment to reduce the reflex saving throw by 2.

EDIT:
In the file "MM - Creature types Compiled.user", go into the second eval script for Type - Humanoid, and change the following code:

Code:
  ~ Also do nothing if we don't have racial hit dice
   doneif (herofield[tHitDice].value - herofield[tLevel].value = 0)
to

Code:
   doneif (tagcount[Classes.Race] = 0)
I'll make this change for the next release.

Last edited by Sendric; January 21st, 2013 at 05:28 AM.
Sendric is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
beber75

Old January 21st, 2013, 05:47 AM
Hi Sendric,

Thank for the tip. Did you have maybe the line number of the entry to change as there is several entries with

Code:
inside the script?

Thanks

Regards.
beber75 is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Hi Sendric,

Thank for the tip. Did you have maybe the line number of the entry to change as there is several entries with

Code:
inside the script?

Thanks

Regards.
The eval script for Type-Humanoid only has this line appear once. This file, however, has it appear many times (it exists for each creature type). Are you looking at it from the HL editor or from a text editor?

If text editor, try line 2061.
Sendric is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
beber75

Old January 21st, 2013, 12:01 PM
Hi Sendric,

I finally managed to edit it through Hero Lab and it works great.

You're amazing

Regards
beber75 is offline   #150 Reply With Quote