Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 6th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Pathfinder and Shadowrun are very well implemented and are well worth the investment. I speak as a GM that runs both systems and I use Hero Lab exclusively for it. I won't accept character sheets done by players without having a hero lab portfolio to import into my system, for the simplicity of running the game with the tactical console, and ensure they are not making illegal mods to characters once the game starts.

Right now there is no support for WoD at the moment and we are just going to have to wait on it. I have heard to many rumors coming out from many directions on what White Wolf is doing at CCCP and I don't know what will happen at this time with them much less the current edition of products and support for those products.
RavenX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
The main reason I want to be able to put in new Templates is that some of the templates I am looking to implement, are pretty much an exact copy of the mechanical aspect of the Vampire Template. Slasher's basically have the same mechanic as a Vampire, you choose an Undertaking (Clan) for the Slasher character, and decide if you are upgrading the character from ripper to scourge (Basically bloodline option with only one choice per slasher undertaking). The Undertakings all have Benefits and Drawbacks (Similar to the vampire clan weakness). This is one case where just being able to add a new template and make a few modifications to it, would allow me to get the entire book done rather quickly.
RavenX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
staticnation

Old June 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Lone Wolf Dev,
Please unlock the editor in general for WoD (new templates being a start)
seeing as how there is hardly any developmental updates of the WoD database in HL, let those in the community that wish to implement additions do so with greater ease.

I currently have been working to add a more complete WoD system into HL but have run into the issue of not being able to with out being able to add new templates.

even if the current databases are unable to fully implement the other systems, the users that use HL can add a lot more than what is currently available with a closed system. I'm sure we can jury-rig something that is more complete than what is currently available. I'd even sign a agreement that Lone Wolf Dev could implement my updates to the WoD databases in there official WoD product.

tl;dr

open the editor so the users could support the game, and Lone Wolf can get free hours of man work in updating there database.

Signed,

The Community

p.s.
Love your product.
staticnation is offline   #13 Reply With Quote