Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 2nd, 2018, 08:26 AM
New Features
  • You can now (finally) upload your own custom portraits for characters
    • Images uploaded for portraits are account-wide, meaning if you want to use the same portrait for several characters, you only need to upload it once (then choose it from your list of uploaded portraits on each character you want to use it on
    • Currently each character can only have one image selected. In the future, this will be expanded to allow for multiple images per character.
    • Portraits still automatically "fall back" to default Starfinder character images if no custom portrait is used. We'll be revising this in the future once a stock portrait gallery is available.
  • Characters with followers (such as a Mechanic's drone) can now receive items from and give items to their controlled characters.
  • Allows descriptions within the details window to be expanded and collapsed
    • This setting is remembered across all items (if you collapse it for one item, all other items' descriptions will be collapsed until you expand it again).
    • This setting is remembered between sessions on the same device
  • Adds ability to purchase multiple copies of a usually-purchased-individually item (e.g. weapons) at once
  • Adds ability to add multiple copies of a usually-added-individually option (e.g. classes) at once

Changes and Improvements
  • Adds sections to print view separated by item category for items not checked with Show on Play Tab and Emphasize on Printout
  • Change item detail label from Show on Play Tab to Show on Play Tab and Emphasize on Printout
  • Checking Show on Play Tab and Emphasize on Printout will move an item and its details to Equipment section of print view. Unchecking will move item to item category sections of print view
  • Adjusted input fields to have more consistent alignment
  • Adds energy shields and force fields to character sheet
  • Adds armor upgrades to equipment section of play tab
  • Adds armor upgrades to armor section of equipment tab
  • Adds armor upgrades to equipment section of print sheet
  • Removes resistances, spells, and spell-like abilities from character print sheet if they did not apply
  • NPC weapon/armor proficiencies are removed from play tab because they are up to GM discretion
  • Drone no longer unnecessarily shows experience or level in character summary
  • Improved visual display of tables with no entries
  • Adds Starfinder Society number, factions and reputations, boons and slotted checkmark to print view
  • Changes the field order for journal entries for Starfinder Society characters to better reflect official Paizo forms.
  • When using Hero Lab Online on a phone or tablet, number fields will now open the number input as opposed to the full keyboard
  • Vertically centered text on ammo/grenade rows/incrementers in the Play tab
  • Make more clear item is crafted by character, changed "Crafted Item" to "Crafted by this Character"
  • Move Weapon Size, Crafted by this Character and Size for Race below purchase options
  • Modifies the Languages grouping for NPCs to include a subheader and description field for the number of additional languages
  • Adds automatic reconnections after sleep mode or app switching for devices that support the web Page Visibility API (which should include all modern mobile devices)
  • If already logged in to Hero Lab Online, following the "Manage Account" link or the "Upgrade now" button will now automatically log the user into the account management/sales website instead of prompting them to log in again
  • The account creation/license activation screens are now displayed with a Starfinder look-and-feel
  • Displays the number of dropdown items with validation issues on the dropdown navigation buttons for phones
  • The error dialog now includes the date and time the error occurred in the displayed information to be included in a bug report
  • Adds a character's deity selection to the Play tab under "Character"

Bug fixes
  • Starfinder Society fields on Character Tab should render properly on small media devices
  • Fixes validation messages causing layout problems in print view
  • UPB and Credits no longer combined for calculating current funds in equipment purchase menus
  • Fixes blacked out headers when printing in Safari
  • When purchasing items, the buy button reflects the cost of the entire quantity of items that can be bought in bulk rather than a single unit of said item.
  • Inputs won't lose focus after an update on a table row
  • Dialogs opened from tables will no longer disappear when making an update
  • Fixes an endless loading spinner for variable cost items, like spell gems.
  • Removes 'Level up to level X' text on fractional CR NPCs.
  • Fixes the login screen showing instead of the maintenance message
  • Fixes a display glitch where items shown below a character's languages wouldn't always extend the full width of the Languages grouping
  • Fixes a bug where switching accounts would briefly show the previous account's character list. Note that this was a display glitch only. The previous account's characters were not actually accessible.
  • Fixes a bug where clicking on a Language would display two identical lists of checkboxes
  • Fixes a bug where sometimes adding a filter in the Add from Library view wouldn't work
  • Fixes an issue where the loading indicator wasn't being shown in the application header when searching or filtering in the "Add from library" dialog
  • Fixes a discoloration problem in the summary panel that only appeared on Safari
  • Fixes handling for nonexistent characters, so "spinning forever" behavior won't happen on the page of a character that's been deleted
  • Fixes table headers having subtly incorrect styling in browsers other than Safari
  • Fixed melee weapons showing incorrect attribute bonus damage under Equipment > Weapons

Game Mechanic changes and fixes
  • Adjustments which required the user to select a number to apply were not showing the incrementer.
  • For Starfinder Society characters, when purchasing items from books other than the Starfinder Core Rulebook, items whose item level is character level + 1 were being allowed, instead of the item level = character level restriction that should apply to these items.
  • Multiweapon fighting was not affecting operative weapons.
  • Aeon stones were using one of the character's Magic Item Attunement Slots.
  • Improved the display of a journal's summary information, so that credits and UPB are not totaled, and so that everything is labeled properly.
  • Journal summaries were being truncated.
  • The Mystic Xenodruid's Animal Adaptation ability was not being listed in a character's statblock.
  • The armor check penalties of light armor worn under powered armor were incorrectly stacking.
  • Mechanics using the "No XP to Level" setting were seeing ineligible races for their drones.
  • When picking the benefit of the Divine Blessing feat, Talavet and Truine were requiring Sarenrae as a patron deity.
  • The Draelik and Gray races had formatting errors in their description text which prevented HLO from showing that text.
  • The sonic dampener armor upgrade was not using any slots, but should occupy 1 upgrade slot.
  • The Steward Officer Archetype's Military training ability was not granting weapon specialization in the appropriate weapon at 6th level if you selected advanced melee or longarms.
  • The Steward Officer Archetype's Diplomatic Training ability was not adding any bonus languages if the character was already trained in Culture and/or Diplomacy.
  • The DC modifier text added by the Dragonblooded theme's Theme Knowledge was incorrect, and was using the Corporate Agent Theme's text.

Last edited by Joe; July 2nd, 2018 at 08:58 AM.
Joe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old July 2nd, 2018, 04:35 PM
How come the build number doesn't match the HLO build number. I cleared my browser cache.

evdjj3j is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 2nd, 2018, 05:53 PM
@evdjj3j someone has +20 perception!

The build number formerly on the title of this post was from a build earlier in the day that had an issue. We did a new build (0E7E8C0) which is what is live right now. I've updated the post title to reflect this. Thanks for catching it!
Joe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old July 2nd, 2018, 06:13 PM
Cool, I sent a couple of bug reports too. I wasn't sure if this was bug report worthy.
evdjj3j is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 5th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
When using Hero Lab Online on a phone or tablet, number fields will now open the number input as opposed to the full keyboard
Now us touchscreen Windows/Linux users need something similar
nightpanda2810 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 5th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
Now us touchscreen Windows/Linux users need something similar
That would require their UI framework being able to detect touch events as being distinct from mouse events.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 8th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
That would require their UI framework being able to detect touch events as being distinct from mouse events.
Nah, a toggle-able UI that's similar to iPad damage window would be sufficient.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
JoshBurgess

Old July 9th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Nah, a toggle-able UI that's similar to iPad damage window would be sufficient.
Actually, the "tel" type input that triggers the numpad for mobile users should work for touchscreen devices too if they call up a virtual keyboard, provided the device has a telephone or numeric keyboard available.

However, I have no touchscreen device on which to test this, so I cannot confirm completely. If you are having difficulty with that, let me know and once I get some free time in the evenings I might be able to circle back to investigate.

Thanks!
  #8 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 10th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBurgess View Post
Actually, the "tel" type input that triggers the numpad for mobile users should work for touchscreen devices too if they call up a virtual keyboard, provided the device has a telephone or numeric keyboard available.

However, I have no touchscreen device on which to test this, so I cannot confirm completely. If you are having difficulty with that, let me know and once I get some free time in the evenings I might be able to circle back to investigate.

Thanks!
Turns out Microsoft is dumb (Go figure!) and doesn't have a touch numpad in Win10. Changing keyboard types worked for me, but something similar to the iPad interface may be a bit more convenient.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old July 10th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Turns out Microsoft is dumb (Go figure!) and doesn't have a touch numpad in Win10. Changing keyboard types worked for me, but something similar to the iPad interface may be a bit more convenient.
That's not true. My surface pro has a numpad keyboard. Comes up everytime I want to log in via PIN number...

@Joe, give me a test account and I'll test it for ya

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote