Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old August 19th, 2016, 08:19 AM
No, he's right. His Tradition feats are being counted against his normal feat count as well.

I've added this to my to-do list for 1.10. In the meantime, I recommend using an Adjustment to clear your feat-count errors.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; August 19th, 2016 at 08:26 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 19th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Apologies! I wasn't looking closely at the screenshot and it was the end of a very busy week. Sleep makes it easier to see things this morning that should have been obvious yesterday.
Dami is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
runnetib

Old August 19th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Well, the CL 0 is treated as CL 1, so there is a minimum 1. It just doesn't help you in this scenario.
I was figuring 10 +(minimum 1)+ wis 3= 14. If the minimum 1 is present, why wouldn't it be helping me and making it 14?
runnetib is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 19th, 2016, 09:30 PM
The CL 0 does round up to 1, but then it gets divided in half for calculating save DC, and it's that fraction that gets rounded down to zero (because fractions always round down in Pathfinder unless otherwise stated).

If the DC bonus had a minimum of 1, then a character would have the same save DC on his sphere effects at CL 3 that he had at CL 0/1. I think we can agree that would be pretty strange.
TheIronGolem is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 27th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscowboy View Post
I've converted a certain evil cleric of Norgorber to spheres of power and despite clearly being negative energy channeling, he gains access to the life sphere instead of the death sphere. The class feature is called necromantic focus I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Reproduced. You should be able to fix this by temporarily removing your deity and changing your alignment to Neutral, then you should be able to pick Positive/Cure or Negative/Inflict which in turn will set your Life/Death choice. I'll try to make this smarter in the next update so that it auto-detects this instead of relying on a selector that may be hidden.
Just finished looking further into this one. Basically, the positive/negative selector overrides your alignment and deity, even when it's hidden. This applies to the Channel Energy feature from the core files, not to anything SoP-related.

To see what I'm talking about, try creating a vanilla (non-sphere) cleric of neutral alignment and set them to channel negative energy. Then change their alignment to Good and give them a Good deity. You'll see that your Good cleric still channels negative energy as though they were Evil. It works the same way in reverse; you can wind up with an Evil cleric who channels positive energy.

So I'm really powerless to do anything about this, because by definition Necromantic Focus has to look at your channeling choice in order to decide which sphere to bootstrap.

But there's an upside too, in that this means you have an easy (if not intuitive) way to support non-standard channeling.
TheIronGolem is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:41 AM
How do you create a staff or wand? I can't seem to find the correct option.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:09 AM
Staves and Wands are in the Magic Items section, just like any standard staff or wand. They're listed as "sphere staff" and "sphere wand", respectively.
TheIronGolem is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:18 AM
Thanks, found them!
EldritchWeaver is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 4th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Update Time!

Core Package Version 1.10 - Released 09/04/2016
  • Classes
    • Hedgewitch Spiritualist Tradition: Fixed error that made talents unselectable
    • Hedgewitch Spiritualist Tradition: Fixed error causing bonus combat feats to be counted against the character's standard feat count
  • Feats
    • Sphere Focus can now be bootstrapped with a SoPSphere.? tag to make it automatically apply to the sphere named in the tag, similar to the Target.? tags on feats like Weapon Focus.
    • Basic Magical Training now disables itself and bootstraps Extra Magic Talent if a spherecasting class is present
    • Counterspell feats now require MSB instead of caster level, as per latest errata
  • Spheres
    • Added "Blast Type Groups" from the Destroyer's Handbook. Blast Type Groups are now used for the Energy Focus drawback and the Favored Element ability, even if you do not possess the Destroyer's Handbook.
    • Blast Type talents are now activated abilities, instead of being selected by the Destructive Blast ability. This allows for multiple blast types to be activated (such as through the Admixture talent)
    • Extended Range now throws an error if taken more than twice
    • Monastic Soul: Now bootstraps Protected Soul instead of Limited Protection, as per latest errata
    • Prepared Casting: Fixed a bug that sometimes caused HL to incorrectly claim the hero had allocated too many points to a particular sphere
    • Prepared Casting: Fixed a bug causing points assigned to a sphere to be "stolen" by other trackers tagged with the same sphere (such as Fount of Life with the Life sphere)
    • Fixed the custom class specials that grant Fate talents (they had been flagged with the Creation sphere)
    • Fixed some range-extending talents that were making their changes too late to be reflected in the talent description text
  • Data File Authoring
    • Added editor controls for easier creation of Blast Type talents
    • Added the "Race Talent Setup" tab to the editor. This is similar to the Class Talent Setup, but is intended for the creation of races that grant spherecasting abilities that scale with racial HD. To add racial spherecasting abilities to a race, bootstrap a Race Talent Setup along with abSoPCast.
  • Misc.
    • Added a "Sphere Handbooks" source group; each handbook's source will appear here once you own the appropriate data package.

Expanded Options Version 1.1 - Released 09/04/2016
  • Fixed some Witch Patrons that were missing the sphere tags that cause them to grant bonus talents

Also, starting with the NEXT round of updates, HL should now detect when updates are available and let you know at startup, like it does with other packages. The reason it hadn't done so in the past is because of some mismatched ID's I put in the .xml files that direct the updates and the .hl files they point to. Thanks to ShadowChemosh for helping me figure that out.
TheIronGolem is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 11th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Version 1.11 has just been posted. No new content to speak of in this one, it's just a compatibility update for the Destroyer's Handbook (which I have handed off to DDS, so look for that soon!).

The Geomancer's Handbook is now in development.
TheIronGolem is offline   #150 Reply With Quote