Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EricaOdd

Old May 24th, 2014, 07:55 AM
The thread title pretty much says it all.

I'm always using Savage Worlds, Mutants and Masterminds 2e, and Pathfinder. I never use any of the other available systems, and I don't have the software packages for them. I'd like to put my most-used games at the top, for quick convenience.

Is there a way for users to sort, hide, or rearrange the selection of games that come up on the splash page?
EricaOdd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old May 24th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I'd like to do this as well. Move things around so that What I use is at the top.
Tekwych is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 24th, 2014, 02:36 PM
For game systems you don't have, all you have to do, to have them not show up in the Opening window is delete the game system fold for that game.

Step 1: Open hero Lab and Pick a game you always use and load it.

Step 2: After loaded, go up to the tools menu and click it to get the download menu for it.

Step 3: Go down to Explore Folders and then click on Data System Game Folder.

Step 4: When the new window opens, go up to C:\ProgramData \ Hero Lab \ data \ AtomHwy and click on data so you will go to the data window ( Now you should see all the Data system game folders ).

Step 5: Now you can delete the game system folders of the games you don't use. Then after you finish deleting which games you don't want you can close those windows.

Step 6: Now when you go and open to switch to a new game system, Only the ones you use will show up. If you decide to buy the game system later all you have to do is download it again, by going to the view updates window and redownload it.

That's all there is to it. Hope that helps you out? I'm not sure there is a way to just move then around though, if that's all you want to do! Sorry I can't help you, if that's the route you want to take.

Last edited by jbearwillis; May 24th, 2014 at 02:40 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old May 25th, 2014, 05:41 AM
I just tested, and it also works to create a new folder and move those game folders into the new folder without having to delete them.

Thanks!
EricaOdd is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 25th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Just a FYI you can also use this the above info to "copy" a game folder and give it a slightly different name. You can do this for development or to keep totally separate user files for different games.

I use this feature allot to separate out the different Community packages I support:
Image1.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote