Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 5th, 2013, 08:51 PM
I've been trying to figure out how to solve this error:

Quote:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_Sources.1st (line 4) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pSGG')
What happened was that I tried to install the Dragonrider class from the SSG file forgetting that it was already part of the SSG package. Now, now matter what I do I can't seem to get any SSG stuff to work no matter what I do. I've tried to update it several times. I've deleted it from the Third Party Updates. I've prayed to unholy gods in unknown universes. I tried searching the forums but my search fu is weak. Please someone, you're my only hope!
blzbob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
risner

Old October 6th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
.1st
You have a duplicate line in one of the .1st files. Look at what you have, determine which is duplicate and delete from the file that isn't installed by a package.
risner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 6th, 2013, 07:20 AM
That's what I can't figure out. I removed all of the SSG files and everything runs fine. When I try download and install the community SSG files, I get the same message. I'm not very savvy and I have no idea how to even start to figure this out.
blzbob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 6th, 2013, 07:48 AM
So the Dragonrider file you installed is "way" out of date then as the new versions where designed to work with the community package.

1) You will need to go into the C:\programData\HeroLab\data\pathfinder folder and remove (you can delete or move it out of the folder) the file named PFRPG_Sources.1st.

2) Go to C:\programData\HeroLab\download and double click SGG_v1.6.hl to start the import process again for the community package v1.6.

You should be fine after that and then don't use that outdated dragonrider .hl file anymore. The latest version is in the community package actually so no reason to install that old one.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks! I'll do that. I didn't realize that there was another folder to look in.
blzbob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote