Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kaleb

Old February 20th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Would it be possible for Herolab to add a tab that has PFS chronicle sheets?

Select the Chronicle sheet from a drop down menu and the chronicle sheet appears and is from fllible and subtracts or adds Gold in simular fashion
to Journal tab and tracks PA?
Kaleb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old February 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
That would be AWESOME.
Provos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Interesting.
dartnet is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
archmage78

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
That would be neat but very difficult I would imagine. But very helpful!!!

You killed my father, prepare to die

Venture Captain WI
archmage78 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 29th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I'm afraid I need a little more information before we can properly consider this. What exactly are you looking for that Hero Lab does not currently do through the journal tab? Can you give us some specific examples so we can figure out if this is something we can do?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 29th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Aaron and Lone Wolf Respondees,

Page 29 of the Guide to Pathfinder Organized Play shows the sheet, it is a free download on Paizo's website: http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety

It is an organized play sheet, similar to the ones used by the RPGA to track campaign perks handed out to players for participation in "Living" campaigns.

I cannot find the sheet online, but I am assuming it is a sheet that comes with Organized play adventures that the sanctioned game masters download to run or pick up at the shops where the games are run.

RavenX
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old February 29th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I can see how adding those sheets might be useful for some, but I can put all the information required into a journal entry for my PFS character and it works the same way.

Remember, too, that just because you have an electronic log doesn't mean you can throw away the paper sheets, because PFS requires the sheets to be signed by the GM at the time of play or the sheet isn't considered valid - that's why the sheets are provided with the scenario.
Kinnakeeter is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeeter View Post
I can see how adding those sheets might be useful for some, but I can put all the information required into a journal entry for my PFS character and it works the same way.

Remember, too, that just because you have an electronic log doesn't mean you can throw away the paper sheets, because PFS requires the sheets to be signed by the GM at the time of play or the sheet isn't considered valid - that's why the sheets are provided with the scenario.
Having run Living Forgotten Realms, Living Greyhawk, and many Eberron Mark of Heroes stuff, I am well aware of the GM signature requirement. Believe me, there is a reason the RPGA required 1 hour of Administrative time per 4 hour adventure slot. That was for filling out the Perk forms at the beginning and end of the sessions and signing off on them. I have dealt with these forms many times over the years. I have over 20 years experience as a Games Master.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old February 29th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Having run Living Forgotten Realms, Living Greyhawk, and many Eberron Mark of Heroes stuff, I am well aware of the GM signature requirement. Believe me, there is a reason the RPGA required 1 hour of Administrative time per 4 hour adventure slot. That was for filling out the Perk forms at the beginning and end of the sessions and signing off on them. I have dealt with these forms many times over the years. I have over 20 years experience as a Games Master.
I was not commenting on your prior knowledge nor did I mean any offense. The post was not intended to be directed at any one person. I was just offering up first, an opinion and second, a reminder for anyone not familiar.

As I said, I can see how some people would like this and am not discouraging anyone from doing it; I simply find that the journal is already sufficient for me.
Kinnakeeter is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old February 29th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Here's my interpretation of the OP's request, correct me if I'm wrong.

At the moment the journal provides a Campaign Date, Game Date and journal entry text block in a basic format but I think the OP is asking for a formatted PFS template that's applied to the journal entry. Not a scanned image / electronic PFS sheet but an actual PFS layout that can be filled with the requisite information.

I can see the time saving benefit to this as the layout would remain the same for each separate entry.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #10 Reply With Quote