Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

EdSteiner

Old October 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Great. I misspoke though. It was the Honor Guard under Space Marines that has this feature for so that the different CC options would be reflected in their file not the Command Squad.
I think that I have a course of action, look over this PDF example and let me know if this is what you idea was. Design-wise and code wise you can promote 1 model which renames itself Captain and adjust his AT stat. Then on each of the models you can select your loadout. The parent unit controls the armour choice unit wide

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/o1w0q7hfy9c4...er%20Build.pdf
EdSteiner is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old October 31st, 2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
I think that I have a course of action, look over this PDF example and let me know if this is what you idea was. Design-wise and code wise you can promote 1 model which renames itself Captain and adjust his AT stat. Then on each of the models you can select your loadout. The parent unit controls the armour choice unit wide

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/o1w0q7hfy9c4...er%20Build.pdf
The last unit "Mercenary Maneaters" looks good, though I noticed you have multiples of the guys with dual CCWs. Using that method can you increment the number so you have say 1 line for a vanilla guy, 2 S7 gw guys, and 2 A5 dual CCW guys or is it one line per guy?
naloth is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old October 31st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
The last unit "Mercenary Maneaters" looks good, though I noticed you have multiples of the guys with dual CCWs. Using that method can you increment the number so you have say 1 line for a vanilla guy, 2 S7 gw guys, and 2 A5 dual CCW guys or is it one line per guy?
System did not like it, the 40K guys have some real cool background coding to handle those issues. Will keep digging, but is this a step in the right direction? But I will keep plugging away and see if I can cheat the code and not have to deal with those background issues where model numbers restrict transports and stuff.
EdSteiner is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old October 31st, 2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
System did not like it, the 40K guys have some real cool background coding to handle those issues. Will keep digging, but is this a step in the right direction?
Yes, even at one line per guy it's still easier to see what the bonus stats are on each one.
naloth is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old October 31st, 2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Yes, even at one line per guy it's still easier to see what the bonus stats are on each one.
Yeah, I used the background of the 40K honor guard code, and it did not have it where you adjust the child model number up. Like I said major kudos to the 40K guys on some awesome background code. Since my DoW Armybook, the Indy GT net version, my Maneaters are clones of OK Maneaters minus access to a lookout Gnoblar. We game it out they got eating being so far from home I will using it over the next few days see if it breaks, if not I expect a mid-month update for some DE fixes.

Fixed for 2.67
EdSteiner is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
Corpranis

Old November 29th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Good Day
Ironblaster's are not Slow to Fire.
Thank You
Corpranis is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
Corpranis

Old November 30th, 2013, 04:40 AM
The Ironblaster is not slow to fire as it is a chariot and not a war machine (war machine is where the slow to fire rule comes in). Instead, it can only shoot at it front arc as per the chariot rule.

The "fire the cannon in the same way as a normal cannon" is simply a mechanism to resolve the hits and wounds. If it too the same rules as a war machine then it should be permitted to shoot in the same arc and pivot.
Corpranis is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old November 30th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpranis View Post
The Ironblaster is not slow to fire as it is a chariot and not a war machine (war machine is where the slow to fire rule comes in). Instead, it can only shoot at it front arc as per the chariot rule.

The "fire the cannon in the same way as a normal cannon" is simply a mechanism to resolve the hits and wounds. If it too the same rules as a war machine then it should be permitted to shoot in the same arc and pivot.
Will review, however if it's not slow to fire then can you not say "stand and shoot" as charge declaration? Might want to read that as if it's a chariot and I am mounted in it and I have a bow, I get a stand and shoot declaration. Counter thoughts or other view jump in.
EdSteiner is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
Corpranis

Old December 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Good Day
When I equip my Bruiser with a magic weapon (Warrior Bane in this case) he loses the Parry save from his Ironfist. I cannot see any rule that states that this should happen.
Thank You
Corpranis is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old December 12th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpranis View Post
Good Day
When I equip my Bruiser with a magic weapon (Warrior Bane in this case) he loses the Parry save from his Ironfist. I cannot see any rule that states that this should happen.
Thank You
You only have a parry save when you have a hand weapon. A magic weapon is not a hand weapon. Review your BRB
EdSteiner is offline   #140 Reply With Quote