Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old October 28th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Version 1.11 has just been released.

If you have a directory full of HeroLab portfolios for all your favourite NPCs, then you can now load those portfolios as part of the CSV import.

The version extends the functionality of version 1.10 so that you can load data from individual files for any of the following field types: Portfolio, Statblock, Rich_Text, PDF, Audio, Video, HTML, Foreign.

(Only Portfolio has been specifically tested, but it should work for any of the other snippet types too.)

The Portfolio snippet should be a file with the .por extension.
Statblock snippets should be a file with the .rtf extension.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
Guyanthalas

Old November 7th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Sorry for getting back on this so late. Good thing (maybe) that Bishop had a similar problem. Nice work resolving it!

I downloaded the newest version and went to load my CSV file. It only shows one line from the CSV.

After messing around with the file for some time I think it has to do with the last column having " in it (long text description field). I added a new blank column to the end of the file and that seems to fix the import (all lines are showing up).
Guyanthalas is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 7th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyanthalas View Post
After messing around with the file for some time I think it has to do with the last column having " in it (long text description field).
There was a bug in the CSV reader which didn't handle " at the end of a line properly.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Last edited by Farling; November 7th, 2017 at 02:59 PM.
Farling is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 7th, 2017, 03:06 PM
V1.12 has just been uploaded, and it fixes a bug where " at the end of a line was not being handled properly.

Farling

Farling is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old November 7th, 2017, 03:57 PM
noooo, i just downloaded the previous version. Now I have to download it again

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 7th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Well, you could always stay with the version that has the bug....
Bidmaron is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 7th, 2017, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
noooo, i just downloaded the previous version. Now I have to download it again
At some point I will work on the installer so that it offers an upgrade solution.

Farling

Farling is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
DickNervous

Old November 15th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Farling,

I was playing with the ability to import images, and the one thing I noticed is that you check for a physical file, which is great. Except that I was trying to use a web service that generates an image upon request, so there is no file to check for.

Any way that you could make it so that it would work with a URL. An example URL is https://travellermap.com/api/poster?...ma&style=print.

Thanks!
DickNervous is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 15th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Version 1.14 has just been released which will convert URLs within a body of text into a clickable link within Realm Works.

The link detection might not be perfect, due to me having to find a suitable "regular expression" which satifies most possible combinations of URL patterns.

(DickNervous, this doesn't affect your request, which I'll look at another day.)

Farling

Farling is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 16th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Version 1.16 has just been released to satisfy DickNervous's request (I used your example URL for testing).

When importing images, it is now possible to specify a web URL for the location of the image as an alternative to specifying a local file.

Note that the web URL must point directly at the image to be loaded (in techno-babble the http type must be "image/<something>").

Since web URL image fetching can be slow, the GENERATE button will now be disabled while the file generation is taking place. Once file generation is complete (or fails), the GENERATE button will return to being enabled.

Farling

Farling is offline   #150 Reply With Quote