Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

AndrewD2

Old July 1st, 2015, 05:55 PM
I'm building a tab right now for selecting a characters background.

The background determines their race (since no background has 2 races the race is bootstrapped to the background directly).

Backgrounds then add tags to determine what it's starting Focus options are (usually 2) and the table is made using the <needtag> element to limit the selection on the table, same applies for class.

Backgrounds also have 2-3 selections off a table which is a combination of Focuses and Attribute bonuses.

Since attribute bonuses are not focuses I didn't want to include as such, but I can't seem to find a way to have a table show multiple components. I know it can do multiple <needtag> elements and if I change the component on the table whichever component is there is what comes up, but I'd like to be able to do them together instead of 2 tables. If not I can do like the Knowledge skills and Languages in Shadowrun that subtract from the same point pool, but are on separate tables.

So ultimately, is there a way short of making another component combining the two and making copies bootstrapping the Focuses or do I just need to make 2 tables?
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 1st, 2015, 07:22 PM
Actually I think I'm going to go with the new component with the bootstrapped focuses ... although that leads me to needing a prereq that triggers if you've already got the item from a different source.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 2nd, 2015, 07:20 AM
Add a component that's just an Id and a name to both the focuses and attribute bonuses - then, you can use that as the table's component, and your pick template can have an if...else, so that it shows entirely different things for each compset.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 2nd, 2015, 08:54 PM
Alright. I got that to work. Next thing I would like to be able to do is not the Focuses from the 2 different tables here show up on each other's table on this tab.

I'll be making a focus tab where I want everything to show up, But its not necessary here nor does it look good. I tried having the layout set visibilty to 0 it if it was from a different portal, but that leaves gaps when things are shown alphabetically.

I know pathfinder does this with class bonus feats as if you have multiple bonus feat tables they don't appear on both tables, but they do all appear on the feat tab, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 3rd, 2015, 10:07 AM
Whether something is shown in a table is controlled by the list expression.

Autotags on the table are the easiest way to mark something that should only show up on the table it was added on - all things added through a table get the autotag, and then the list expression requires that autotag.

On other tables where you want these to show up, you don't check for that autotag.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 3rd, 2015, 01:41 PM
Ah OK, so I have to make a showtemplate for those as opposed to using something like SimpleItem.
AndrewD2 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:11 PM
The showtemplate is not related to whether something is shown - the showtemplate controls how it looks if it is shown. The <list> expression controls whether something shows up.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:41 PM
Got it, got it, thanks working beautifully.
AndrewD2 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote