Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Parody

Old September 9th, 2020, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The only quote I see about 255 not working in that thread is this: "255 is broken anyway, so that would't be useful at all." When I read that, I assumed it was due to the certificate error, since it lacked any further useful information.
Try this thread on import crashes in 255, which was linked in the other linked thread.

The reports are that in 255 the first import works but importing from the same realm again (bringing in changes) makes RW crash.

I haven't tried it myself. I have 254 installed and no server access; I was going to go back to 253 the next time I wanted to mess with RW again.

Last edited by Parody; September 9th, 2020 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Clarity.
Parody is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 9th, 2020, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
As for 255, it was released about 10 months ago, and introduced a different import bug. Daplunk provided a link to the forum post about it.
I saw that link. All I saw about the new bug was "it's broken".

Wait a minute. @daplunk's link takes me to "page 2" of the thread. Which starts with post 21 for me. If I go back to the previous page, I now see more details that I previously missed. So I'm guessing @daplunk has 10 posts per page, while I'm configured for 20. <grr>

Can you provide me with the support ticket number(s) that you opened?

Please note that we are focused on getting some major stuff out for HLO right now. So we're not gonna be taking a deep dive into any code until the dust settles on all of that. I'd like to get the information from you so that I can queue it up for the developer, but it's gonna still be a bit before anyone can actively investigate this further problem you've identified.
rob is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old September 9th, 2020, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Can you provide me with the support ticket number(s) that you opened?
Here's my ticket: 252158 opened Jan 10 of this year.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot in any way I can. I've got the capability to run virtual machines with different versions of the software. I'll even schedule a working session if that's helpful.

I'm not using any content market stuff (anymore). Don't recall if I was during all these issues, as I stopped any use of them before PF2 was even released. The PF1 Bestiary made my realms REALLY slow, even on beefy hardware.

Here's a couple threads in addition to the other 2 mentioned so far.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63831
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63951
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63735

Why don't we set up a separate thread and have us help you brainstorm making RW profitable?

Realmworks Template Management
nightpanda2810 is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old September 9th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
Why don't we set up a separate thread and have us help you brainstorm making RW profitable?
I hope this happens. Currently, I got nothing on this, but I'm often better at working off of/adding to ideas than coming up with them from scratch.

I'd love to see RW be a focus for LWD again.

Also, as this is my first post on this thread, just want to say that I'm glad you're generally whole again Rob (although that two year blank memory thing is scary as ****) but has it really been 3.5 years?

Lastly, I'd like to say that if anything happens, can an export to text, HTML, or XML be considered? While it may be a stretch, it's not out of the question that other platforms catch up and it'd be nice to have the option to more easily migrate somewhere else.

Regards,

Gary

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old September 9th, 2020, 11:20 AM
rob: I'm sorry your health took such a hit. I am happy to hear you are doing better. I hope that continues.

I also hope the best for you and your company, whatever form it is.

Thanks!
evildmguy is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 9th, 2020, 11:54 AM
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks, Rob, for coming back over here to the RW forums! This, more than anything, should serve as reassurance to people that while it's not under active development RealmWorks hasn't been abandoned.

I love the program, still, and am using it actively for a world building project. I also use it to keep up with campaigns in which I play. I play exclusively in Play by Post forums these days and keeping up with plot twists, NPCs and developments gets cumbersome when it's stretched across the weeks and months that PbP takes. I just start a new Realm for the game, then enter stuff as we discover it.

Very happy to hear that the integration works with HL so long as you stick with 32 bit - this makes it much more likely that I'll actually purchase the Bestiaries that I haven't gotten to yet.

I hope you guys manage to find the time soon to figure out all of the import/export bugs and get them squashed for good and all! I don't use that feature much right now, but my future plans definitely include using it so I'd love to have it working reliably.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 9th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Very happy to hear that the integration works with HL so long as you stick with 32 bit - this makes it much more likely that I'll actually purchase the Bestiaries that I haven't gotten to yet.
This is what I would adress on the content market Rob. The community were not aware of the workaround and as such believe the feature is broken. People who woukd have bought content are avoiding it as a result.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
medwards89

Old September 9th, 2020, 05:59 PM
+1 This
medwards89 is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 10th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
Lastly, I'd like to say that if anything happens, can an export to text, HTML, or XML be considered? While it may be a stretch, it's not out of the question that other platforms catch up and it'd be nice to have the option to more easily migrate somewhere else.
RW already provides two forms of XML output: one for allowing import to another running version of RW, and a second for general use by other tools (such as mine that generates HTML pages).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
lancealittle

Old September 10th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
RW already provides two forms of XML output: one for allowing import to another running version of RW, and a second for general use by other tools (such as mine that generates HTML pages).
Farling - iv not yet had to do this, but will need to sooner or later. I dont suppose you could make a short vid and post to youtube covering this subject ? an example to work from is much easier than stabbing in the dark...

Regards, Lancealittle
lancealittle is offline   #40 Reply With Quote