Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old March 12th, 2019, 02:13 PM
I was entering in an Edge and it had a requirement that I'm not sure how to code or indicate for it. The Requirements for it was Novice, and that the character was born in a particular city. A few other Edges in have similar requirements with just the city being changed. How would you code or indicate that as a requirement without causing the character to generate an error (red text alert.)

The other thing I had happen was that Hero Lab would not display all of the text for an entry for a faction and for an Edge. Does Hero Lab have a limit to how much text it will accept and display?
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 12th, 2019, 05:06 PM
That's just a textual reference. I would just list that in the description maybe putting the first line as something like "NOTE: The Edge requires the character is born in the city of blah blah".

As for the other part, there are some things that are text limited, but usually it limits the text you can place in that thing. Normally if it cuts things off it's usually because of limitations in, say, the printed sheet. Not so sure about it being that way in the program, though, I guess I've never noticed before so I'm just not really sure.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote