Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Phantom Stranger

Old August 14th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Nevermind

Last edited by Phantom Stranger; August 14th, 2014 at 03:58 PM.
Phantom Stranger is offline   #881
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
I get three errors indicating duplicate languages for beholders, kuo-toa, and yuan-ti and none of the forgotten realms sources become available.

I looked at the user files for the Shackled City and the "3.5 monsters converted" user file shows those three (languages, races, and sub-type for yuan-ti).

Any idea how I can resolve this? I'm assuming I can just delete references to those three monsters in languages, races, and sub-types, but I wanted to find out from someone who actually has some experience making user files first.

Thanks!

In regards to the issue you've mentioned: Any conflict with the FR data will have to be fixed in the other data files when it comes to languages if you want a fast fix. I've been looking into this and I can tell you it's going to be a lot of work to make the changes necessary in the FR data due to the way regional traits add languages. For me to go in and add FR tags on the all language uniqueids will take hours of work that I currently do not have at my disposal. The only option I can provide for you at this time would be to go into the editor and delete the languages in the other files that are conflicting with Forgotten Realms. I wish I could provide better support on this issue, but this is a known issue and will take serious time to fix on my side. In addition, when I do fix it, it will essentially invalidate any language choices that have been added in old portfolios due to the changes in the uniqueids that are required.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #882
tenodera

Old August 17th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Sorry if this has been addressed and I have overlooked it, but I am having issues on the Ipad adding powers to a newly created character. I'm using the version with the license, and the only modules loaded are the updated pathfinder core (v10.0) and the Updated Psionics Package (v2.5).

Psionic character creation seems to work fine, until i get to the tab with the "Psionics Gear" located right before the play tab.

The only Warnings the character is giving me are to add more Talents/Powers.

It just seems to list Detect Psionics, and no discernible way to add any additional 0+ level powers. In addition, the Use/Undo Use History portion of the text seems to run together slightly above the single power that is actually displayed. Did I flub something? I deleted Hero Lab and re-installed and I'm having the same issue.

I'm on an Ipad Air running ios 7.1
tenodera is offline   #883
Zandel

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Windows - Desktop Computer
You need to do the same you have always done before. This includes any and all packages should work without issues "except" Community Bestiary and Community Player Pack. All other packages will combine to a desktop device without issues. So you would download Community Bestiary and if you want Mythic download the Mythic Addon.
I did this (loaded both) and I have issues, lots of errors, loads in safe mode , I am the GM, do I just delete the Community Player Pack? Will I loose anything? Is there anything in the Community Player pack that is not in the Community Bestiary pack?

Thanks for the help
Zandel is offline   #884
kinevon

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:29 AM
The reason there are issues, is that the Community Bestiary includes everything in the Community Player Pack, so there are lots of conflicts between those two packages.

If you use the Community Bestiary, you do not need the Community Player Pack, and, since you are getting errors, I believe it was stated that you will need to uninstall BOTH of them, then, after you get a clean run of HeroLab, re-install just the Community Bestiary. Note that I am working off of my memory on this, so check the first page of the Community Bestiary thread for the real instructions on recovering from this issue...
kinevon is offline   #885
Exmortis

Old August 19th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Wish they would renam them, if one does not catch the reference in the instructions they would appear to be totally different packages. Possibly name them the "Community Player Pack" and the "Community Player and GM pack", or something to relfect the Bestiary Pack is all inclusive.

While on the topic, man you guys have done some outstanding work here, tremendously helpful and useful add-on to any PF campaign, borders on "Must have". Every one in our group uses the Bestiary Pack.

Thanks to all its contributers!

Last edited by Exmortis; August 19th, 2014 at 06:17 AM. Reason: typos
Exmortis is offline   #886
ShadowChemosh

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Wish they would renam them, if one does not catch the reference in the instructions they would appear to be totally different packages. Possibly name them the "Community Player Pack" and the "Community Player and GM pack", or something to relfect the Bestiary Pack is all inclusive.
Hind sight is always 20/20. The "creation" of the packages grew over time into the current packages. I do have a note in the CPP installer that says don't install this with the CB.

But I agree the packages need to be "re-worked" at many levels into better designs. The most important which is to be easier to use and install. This includes issues with the iPad currently. I have ideas but its hard to make some changes without totally screwing with what people have loaded.

So currently I have tried to put the information about the packages so people can see it. I know not perfect but its on the to-do list. Don't worry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
While on the topic, man you guys have done some outstanding work here, tremendously helpful and useful add-on to any PF campaign, borders on "Must have". Every one in our group uses the Bestiary Pack.

Thanks to all its contributers!
Thanks! Always nice to hear. And hopefully we will keep getting better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinevon View Post
The reason there are issues, is that the Community Bestiary includes everything in the Community Player Pack, so there are lots of conflicts between those two packages.

If you use the Community Bestiary, you do not need the Community Player Pack, and, since you are getting errors, I believe it was stated that you will need to uninstall BOTH of them, then, after you get a clean run of HeroLab, re-install just the Community Bestiary. Note that I am working off of my memory on this, so check the first page of the Community Bestiary thread for the real instructions on recovering from this issue...
Yep totally correct! Thanks kinevon!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #887
bodrin

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Here's a thought shadow.

Scrap the Player pack altogether and just offer the complete community bestiary.

That way everyone gets the same package regardless of need.

Think of it as OSX versus the many iterations of Windows. OSX works Windows makes you struggle with upgrades every week.

Apple gives you their best product regardless whereas Microsoft give you the choice to increase their revenue.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #888
ShadowChemosh

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Scrap the Player pack altogether and just offer the complete community bestiary. That way everyone gets the same package regardless of need.
The issue is that the CB requires several packages including the B1,B2,B3 official packages. The Bestiary are really only purchased by DM's and not players. So the idea was that originally many players wanted the items, feats, or classes in the CB but didn't want to buy Bestiary packages. So to solve that "issue" I created the CPP "Player Pack". The idea being in my mind you install the "CB" for DMs and "CPP" for players.

Because I was so close to the packages I didn't see this as confusing. Later after watching the issues I saw how its easy for a person to load both. Opps my bad!

So the big part of the Player Pack is that I keep it only requiring a "CORE" license allowing any player to load the package. I am sure LW would love me to force 22,000 users (count of file downloads) to purchase B1, B2 and B3 license. But I personally didn't think that was cool....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #889
wurzel

Old August 19th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Why don't you simply split the CB in two parts, so GMs and Players alike load the player pack, DMs additionally the bestiary pack?
wurzel is offline   #890
Closed Thread