Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Silveras

Old November 14th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Is your character running around nude!?!?

I do believe I have a case of the vapors! *Faints*
Mostly, it is an issue because HeroLab treats everything as a character, so various creatures get a free "outfit" of some sort that you cannot remove. In sonme ways, that's a minor thing, but it can be annoying.
Silveras is offline   #191
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 14th, 2012, 04:49 PM
If it's a creature, make it an NPC. NPCs don't get the free clothing.
Mathias is offline   #192
kinevon

Old November 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Okay, I was working on searching for a potion, using the custom potion option, and while it lists the spell's school, it doesn't show which classes gain it on their spell list at what level.

It would be helpful, then it would make more sense when you list a spell as being third level, then give it a minimum caster level of 7. That was Life Bubble, which is School abjuration; Level cleric 5, druid 4, ranger 3, sorcerer/wizard 5; and having that additional information, beyond just abjuration, would have left me infinitely less confused.

It would also allow lists like this to be searched by caster-type.

Oh, well, just a wish.
kinevon is offline   #193
kinevon

Old November 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Another wish, because I run too many combat maneuver types, and it is a pain to calculate manually, is to include the ability to include weapon-specific combat maneuver totals, both offensive and defensive.
kinevon is offline   #194
zeepee

Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hi Lone Wolf / Hero Lab,

I hope I am not nitpicking too much by asking for this, or I have missed a column which already displays this..

Are their any chance that we will be able to see attack and damage calculation-breakdowns in the future..?

In the Shadowrun module of Hero Lab, this is already possible, but in the Pathfinder module it is not.

In my attached example (see attached attack and damage screendumps) Hero Lab tells me that my Shadowrun character has the total of 12 dice to attack with his Ares Predator IV pistol (10 dice from the Semiautomatic Pistol skill and 2 dice from the Smartgun System). The same goes for damage (the damage from the pistol is 5, and the hollow point ammunition which gives +1 extra damage. Total 6P).

In the Pathfinder module, Hero lab don't shows these calculation-breakdowns for attack and damage, which in the attached example is:

Attack
Base attack +4
Strength +3
Weapon Focus +1
Magic Weapon +1
Total +9

Damage
Weapon base damage 2d4
Strength (two-hands) +4
Weapon Specialization +2
Magic Weapon +1
Total 2d4+7

I know I can do this myself, if I need to find out, but in my opinion it would really be nice and would speed up gameplay, if Hero Lab did it for me.
So when I ask new players on their damage calculations, they don't have to go through everything to see where the last +2 modifier came from.

Of course you could argue, that it's not that critical in Pathfinder as you have a limited number of modifiers to dice roles, unlike Shadowrun where you can easily hit 5+ different modifiers.
I just think it is strange that this mechanic is not present for attack and damage calculations, when it is available for the Armor Class and Skills, as well as in the Shadowrun module

Another example, where it really would be nice, is for CMB and CMD calculations. Again in my example (see attached disarm screendump) I should have +11 CMB with the Improved Disarm feat and the Ransuer. However Hero Lab only calculates the Improved Disarm feat and not the weapon. Again that would have been nice if we were shown the calculation-breakdown, so one could easier spot if something is missing.

Btw. Are their any plans to include Disarm and Trip weapon CMB/CMD modifiers into Hero Lab, without relying on third party contributors..?

/Zeepee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shadowrun - Attack.jpg (68.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Shadowrun - Damage.png (264.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pathfinder - Attack & Damage.jpg (130.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pathfinder - Disarm.jpg (134.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Pathfinder - Defense.jpg (147.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by zeepee; December 2nd, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
zeepee is offline   #195
ValaraukarU

Old December 8th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Feature Request: Some of the rogue talents that affect sneak attack and are marked with an asterisk.

Quote:
Talents marked with an asterisk add effects to a rogue's sneak attack. Only one of these talents can be applied to an individual attack and the decision must be made before the attack roll is made.
Examples:Bleeding Attack* (Ex), Distracting Attack* (Ex), etc...

I would like it if Hero Lab would indicate these in some way. By either including the asterisk in the name or in the description.
ValaraukarU is offline   #196
thistledown

Old December 11th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Not sure what the best way to fix this would be. Society characters are limited on gear selection. For instance, only gunslingers can buy a gunsmith kit. So, my gunslinger buys it, no problem. Say she wants to store it on her donkey though. But the donkey is not a gunslinger, so it's not authorized to have one, and herolab throws up a warning.

Is there a way to A) surpress the warning, B) have hirelings inherit their owner's authorizations, or C) some other fix to it?
thistledown is offline   #197
Aaron

Old December 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Minions and animal companions shouldn't be throwing this error. I remember fixing it, let me investigate.
Aaron is offline   #198
AndrewD2

Old December 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'd love a way to set some defaults in the editor. When I'm entering 200 items having to scroll down to check "Not valid for PFS" and the Publisher and Book. It'd be nice to be able to set them per file, or at least per session.
AndrewD2 is offline   #199
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 13th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
I'd love a way to set some defaults in the editor. When I'm entering 200 items having to scroll down to check "Not valid for PFS" and the Publisher and Book. It'd be nice to be able to set them per file, or at least per session.
What I do is create one thing with those settings I want and do a "Duplicate" against it instead of doing "New (Blank)". That way I start with the settings set already.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #200
Closed Thread