Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulkeeper View Post
Love the feature but not the implementation.

I print my players characters to PDF, and it takes 2-3 steps each time. Print the Standard Character Sheet, Print the Abilities & Gear, and finally print Full Spells.

Next open Adobe, combine them into a single file... ug. It is an effort and time consuming.

Is there any hope for a checkbox system, instead of radio, to let us pick what we want all printed into the PDF? I would think the order is pretty straight forward, sheet, gear, spells(full or summary) and then journal if all selected.
Their are several different free apps around but I use PrimoPDF. This installs a very small printer on your computer and anything you print to it turns into a PDF document.

Better yet when it asks you where to save the PDF if you pick an existing pdf document it asks if you want to append to the document. That should save you a few steps.

This also means you can create PDF's of AncientOnes or one of the other Custom Character sheets that are around.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #181
Soulkeeper

Old November 8th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Thank you, I will definitely look into that!
Soulkeeper is offline   #182
kinevon

Old November 10th, 2012, 03:06 AM
An advantage for the checkbox method that Soulkeeper requested would be to have the truncated descriptions and such removed from the combined output. After all, if you go for the abilities & gear in addition to the basic PC sheet, then the partials on the PC sheet could just go away....
kinevon is offline   #183
Wruin

Old November 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I'm new to Hero Lab, and I am sure many of these suggestions have been heard. I write and test software for a living, so I thought I would compile a list of things I think could be improved. There may already be ways to implement some of my ideas that I haven't found yet. I only own the Pathfinder game data files.

1. When adding spells to a character it would be nice to filter on level. I tried typing 1 in Search and it did not filter. As an expansion on this idea, it would be nice to be able to filter by school or domain.

2. When presented with a list (like spells or equipment) I would like to be able to type and have the list scroll to the first item that matches the letters I type. The ways to navigate a list that I am aware of are Search and using the scroll bar.

3. The list for importing a stock hero is overwhelming for a new user. I would like to be able to filter it so only Bestiary monsters appear. It is not obvious which names in the list are from the Bestiaries. I found them through exploration.

4. When importing a stock hero, it would be nice to be able to navigate back. This is the scenario: I select import stock hero. I navigate to the wrong source. I cancel. I would like to be at the list of sources. Instead I have to select import stock hero again.

5. When selecting from a list (like spells or equipment) I would like the stylus to start in the Search bar when the list window is opened. This may be less useful if idea #2 is implemented, but as is, 90% of the time I open one of these lists I search.

6. I would like a way to print all the spells my character has access to. That could be my arcane spell book, or the entire list of divine spells available to my character.

Thanks for listening.
Wruin is offline   #184
Wruin

Old November 13th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Is there a way in the combat tracker to roll a Perception check for the entire party? That would also be nice.
Wruin is offline   #185
dracoskip

Old November 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned/asked for before or not, but I would like the option to delete/drop the "Free Clothing" in the Gear tab. Or a "None" option on the drop down list for it.
dracoskip is offline   #186
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 14th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Wruin - Don't know about all of the others, but on your first request if you type "Level: x" where x is the spell level, you'll get the list of spells of that level.

(Found this through experimentation).
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #187
radionausea

Old November 14th, 2012, 04:49 AM
yeah for filtering spells I always just type "l: x" where x is the spell level
radionausea is offline   #188
Wruin

Old November 14th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks. Very useful. There is that great dropdown menu for filtering though, and it is barely used.
Wruin is offline   #189
Aaron

Old November 14th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracoskip View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned/asked for before or not, but I would like the option to delete/drop the "Free Clothing" in the Gear tab. Or a "None" option on the drop down list for it.
Is your character running around nude!?!?

I do believe I have a case of the vapors! *Faints*
Aaron is offline   #190
Closed Thread