Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

ronlugge

Old May 15th, 2020, 10:55 AM
So I just ran into an extremely annoying issue that I'm wondering if there's a better, less human-error prone solution to.

I'm sketching out a potential replacement character, and I start with 500 GP. I buy a few items, change my mind and sell a few back at 100% price, and iterate on the character concept & design a few times.

Suddenly I notice I am massively over my bulk limits for no apparent reason. Digging in, I find the reason: 3,000 silver coins.

Now, it's nice to track the weight of coins, it's appropriate, it's by the rules... but there's no way to change your coins! You can't 'buy' 100 GP at the cost of 1000 SP!

I worked around this by buying an expensive 'custom' art object then selling it for full price, but I find myself wondering if there's a better solution that doesn't involve typing in custom prices and relying on my _not_ accidentally typo'ing them.
ronlugge is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2020, 11:38 AM
For this, you can use a journal entry. Set -3000 as the amount of silver and 300 as the amount of gold, and then accept that change.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old May 15th, 2020, 02:27 PM
But, isn't this just the type of mundane calculation that computers are perfect for? Maybe a button to press that consolidates coins?
flyteach is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 16th, 2020, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
But, isn't this just the type of mundane calculation that computers are perfect for? Maybe a button to press that consolidates coins?
But that would require your character to visit a money changer, since HLO is trying to keep track of the actual coins your character carries.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old May 17th, 2020, 07:01 AM
There is also a check box to negate coin weight in the settings, as most pathfinders assume to be carrying letters of credit or have other ways to barter other than carrying big chests of gold. At least in PFS, that is. Your GM in a home game could be let known that you are checking that box.
thaX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ronlugge

Old May 17th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
But that would require your character to visit a money changer, since HLO is trying to keep track of the actual coins your character carries.
I think the entire point of this is that a character needs to be able to reach a money changer.
ronlugge is offline   #6 Reply With Quote