Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Skarn

Old June 5th, 2017, 10:01 PM
v1.8 Bug Report (ShadowChemosh's Adjustments)

(First off, Shadow, thanks for adding the occult class Concentration skills!)

Concentration: Kineticist is showing an incorrect value.

I have a Level 2 Kineticist with +4 CON mod. The Concentration skill is showing Total Bonus +7 = +0 Ranks +6 (untyped). A quick look over the character doesn't suggest to me anything that should be generating the extra +1, either in feats/traits or racial mods.

Another Kineticist I have is Level 1, with a +5 CON. It shows Total Bonus +11 = 0 Ranks +6 (untyped). The only thing I have on it which should modify Concentration is a trait granting a situational bonus which does appear as expected above the normal roll information.

As a minor note, showing the class levels & stat mod as +6 (untyped) is inconsistent with other versions of the Concentraton skill which show the final value as the 'Total Bonus' with no other notes. I did check, however, and the 'Untyped' modifier is correctly changing according to level & stat mods.

---

Further investigating, I created a new Kineticist.

I bumped him immediately to level 3 and put in a 16 CON; at this point, the calculation appeared to be correct. However, I then put in a trait [Quantum Universit Graduate (Nex)], which should add a conditional +2 when casting an arcane spell (just for the situational mod; I realize that Kineticist's aren't arcane), and the Concentration changed to +2 Situational, +8 Total Bonus, +6 Untyped.

I then added Combat Casting. The situational mod appears, but the skill is otherwise unchanged at +8 Total with +6 untyped.

Adding another level went as expected, +9/+7.

Adding Arcane Temper (a flat +1 Trait bonus to Concentration) modifies the Total Bonus, but not the Untyped (+10/+7).

I hope the extra info helps with debugging.
Skarn is offline   #1221 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 6th, 2017, 12:23 PM
The easist way to track stuff like this down is a copy of your .por file. Can you send it to me at "my forum user id" at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1222 Reply With Quote
Skarn

Old June 6th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Can you send it to me at . . . .
Done. Thanks for looking into it.
Skarn is offline   #1223 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old June 10th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Shadow, can you add a "Class Ability, Reduce Trackable" adjustment that reduces the number of uses per day a class ability can be used?

I tried the "Class: Values" adjustment and it would not reduce the usages per day on any of the five values.

In this specific case, I want to take a Brawler's Martial Flexibility Class Ability and reduce the daily usages, without affecting the effective brawler level for activation time.

Thanks

Currently playing: Starfinder Fallout, Star Wars Saga Edition, Savage Worlds Slipstream.
Zaknaefin is offline   #1224 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 10th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaefin View Post
Shadow, can you add a "Class Ability, Reduce Trackable" adjustment that reduces the number of uses per day a class ability can be used?

I tried the "Class: Values" adjustment and it would not reduce the usages per day on any of the five values.

In this specific case, I want to take a Brawler's Martial Flexibility Class Ability and reduce the daily usages, without affecting the effective brawler level for activation time.

Thanks
I could but in this case the adjustment you want is from LW called "Ability: Uses/Period". Then select "Martial Flexibility" and set the counter to negative the amount you want to remove.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1225 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old June 10th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I could but in this case the adjustment you want is from LW called "Ability: Uses/Period". Then select "Martial Flexibility" and set the counter to negative the amount you want to remove.
Or that. I thought I had searched through every permutation. Thanks again.

Currently playing: Starfinder Fallout, Star Wars Saga Edition, Savage Worlds Slipstream.

Last edited by Zaknaefin; June 13th, 2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Zaknaefin is offline   #1226 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old June 13th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Is there an existing adjustment that allows you to take a two-handed weapon (such as a quarterstaff) and set it to not add 150% Str mod (such as when you flurry with it?)

There are a lot of adjustments that are close to this that I found, but none that actually do this.

Zaknaefin is offline   #1227 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 13th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaefin View Post
Is there an existing adjustment that allows you to take a two-handed weapon (such as a quarterstaff) and set it to not add 150% Str mod (such as when you flurry with it?)

There are a lot of adjustments that are close to this that I found, but none that actually do this.
Ok got me on that one as no such adjustment exists. You would need to use a penalty to damage adjustment and set the counter to be equal to 1/2 the Str modifier.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1228 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old June 14th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Looks like the first part of the Path of War errata (for everything but maneuvers) has been released. For the purpose of Hero Lab stuff it's mostly text changes, but there's also some changes to ranges, calculations (for example, Deadly Agility just being a straight replacement for Str including 1.5x damage for 2h weapons), and most bothersome to adjust, a bunch of class features that now specifically run off "initiation modifier" rather than a specific stat (as initiation modifier can be changed by archetypes).
Roadie is offline   #1229 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 14th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Looks like the first part of the Path of War errata (for everything but maneuvers) has been released. For the purpose of Hero Lab stuff it's mostly text changes, but there's also some changes to ranges, calculations (for example, Deadly Agility just being a straight replacement for Str including 1.5x damage for 2h weapons), and most bothersome to adjust, a bunch of class features that now specifically run off "initiation modifier" rather than a specific stat (as initiation modifier can be changed by archetypes).
Thanks.... Will take a look...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1230 Reply With Quote