Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 27th, 2020, 12:11 PM
From the owner's mouth, September 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Subject: Why are we seemingly abandoning the desktop?

We’re not. Anyone claiming we are is making significant assumptions that don’t reflect what’s actually occurring.

~~~ Content removed relates only to the choice of the name "Classic," and the (allegedly false) inferences from that name that HLC is being abandoned. ~~~

We’ll be continuing to augment every game system we currently support on Hero Lab Classic. We have new material in the pipeline for Pathfinder, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulhu, and more. All of that material will be appearing in the Hero Lab Classic product. Once we have those game systems ported over to Hero Lab Online, new material will come out for both products. We have no plans to stop supporting those game systems in Hero Lab Classic at any point.
So… strong assertions by Rob that all (then) current HLC game systems will be fully supported. There were also assertions that current HLC systems would be ported to HLO (for a small, one time nominal fee). And yet…
  • One PF1 update since April 2019. That was back in early December, so a full three months ago now.
  • No portage of any HLC game system over to HLO.
  • No released update of the Savage Worlds system, even though a full update to the Adventure Edition ruleset has been written and is just waiting for LW review.
  • No fix for the broken integration between HLC and RealmWorks.
  • I don't play any of the other game systems in HLC (other than FATE, which hasn't been updated by the publisher so doesn't count), so I can't speak to whether any of them are being updated.

And no communication about these things. I've asked here. I've asked in the Savage Worlds threads. I've asked on the Facebook page. I even briefly pirated the HLO thread in hopes that someone from LW would respond. Radio silence.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #32 Reply With Quote