Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
AndrewD2

Old October 23rd, 2014, 02:24 PM
I've got a component called "Traits" (named Trait2 to avoid messing with the Trait that comes in the skeleton file).

Traits can be Good/Bad and can be Major/Minor/Special.

I've got 5 tags covering this: Trait.gbGood, Trait.gbBad, Trait.mmMajor, Trait.mmMinor, Trait.mmSpecial.

Minor Traits cost 1 CP
Major Traits cost 2 CP
Special Traits cost something else. Sometimes CP, sometimes Story Points or Both.

I have field: trStorCost, and trCharCost

Currently the internal logic sets those fields to either 1, 2, or whatever the value set in the field is.

Some traits can be Minor/Major/Special and I want to have it put a selector on it to select which it is based on the tags on it. So if it has the Minor/Major tags, the selector would just give those options, if you had Major/Special, just those, if you had all 3, all three would show up. I have a script that assigns the tag User.UserSelect if more than 1 of those tags are found on the trait.

I was originally going to have a different copy for each version and then put prereqs in that prohibited taking the same grouping twice, but doing like the "Bad Eyes" hindrance in Savage Worlds seemed like a better way to go. That uses a preset array, which obviously wouldn't work for this, I figure it needs candidate expression. But I wasn't sure if I could do an expression wit just tags or if I needed things attached to them. I know in Pathfinder the usrChosen fields use things, even in the ones that are pre-done (All Weapons, Energy Type, etc). Do I need to make a basic thing that can attack to this? Or is there some better way to do this?
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote