Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

DarkKnight27

Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:37 PM
Hello, I'm wondering if there's a way that I'm missing for items that grow in power in from the Wrath of the Righteous adventure path to actually grow in power. Specifically I'm curious about the sword Radiance.

In this AP it starts out as just a +1 Cold Iron Longsword but it grows into a Holy Avenger. Does Hero Lab have a way of handling this or will my player just need record the correct information on a note card or something.

Thanks for the help!
DarkKnight27 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DarkKnight27

Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:42 PM
Also, it doesn't look like you can have multiple Legendary items in Hero Lab at this time. You only get the drop down box the first time you take the Legendary Item Path Ability.
DarkKnight27 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:59 PM
You want the Basic Pack.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DarkKnight27

Old April 23rd, 2016, 03:17 PM
Sorry, you seem to be misunderstanding what I'm asking about. I have all the sets for Hero Lab that would cover Mythic and Wrath of the Righteous. But one of the swords from that adventure path (called Radiance) has a specific property that allows it to grow in power as the characters proceed through the adventure path.

Currently in Hero Lab there doesn't seem to be any way to increase the abilities of this sword. So if you are using Hero Lab you only ever get the lowest, most basic version of this weapon.

I was wondering if I was missing something that let me increase the power of this weapon in the program. The weapon starts out as a Legendary +1 Cold Iron Longsword (though the kind of sword it is can change based on the deity that the character worships). It thing increased to a +2 weapon, then a +2 Holy weapon and finally to a Holy Avenger. I would like to know if there's a way this increase in handled in Hero Lab.

As to the second part of my question. How do you add more than one Legendary Item to your character. When you select the Legendary path the first time you get a drop down box that allows you to pick which item is a Legendary item. The second time you select this ability it automatically applied to the first item, you can't choose a second item (again, unless I'm missing something).

And help would be appreciated.
DarkKnight27 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 23rd, 2016, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight27 View Post
Sorry, you seem to be misunderstanding what I'm asking about.
Nope I understand perfectly. You want to install the Basic Pack so you can get access to the Community Created version of Radiance that has the ability to level itself.

There is nothing built into HL Core to do you want you need for Radiance from WotR.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old April 26th, 2016, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Hello, I'm wondering if there's a way that I'm missing for items that grow in power in from the Wrath of the Righteous adventure path to actually grow in power. Specifically I'm curious about the sword Radiance.

In this AP it starts out as just a +1 Cold Iron Longsword but it grows into a Holy Avenger. Does Hero Lab have a way of handling this or will my player just need record the correct information on a note card or something.

Thanks for the help!
You need to download Shadow Chemosh's campaign Packs to get the progressive version of Radiance which is the only item in the campaign with that option. Then once you have it equipped, make the evolution in the In-Play adjustment.
LazarX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old April 26th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Also, it doesn't look like you can have multiple Legendary items in Hero Lab at this time. You only get the drop down box the first time you take the Legendary Item Path Ability.
As I understand it, it's the limitation of the power as well.
LazarX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old April 26th, 2016, 02:08 PM
LazarX is correct:

Quote:
Legendary Item (Ex): You gain a legendary item. This item grants a number of abilities equal to your tier (maximum 3). At 3rd tier, you can select this ability again, increasing the maximum to six abilities and causing the item to become a lesser artifact. At 6th tier, you can select this ability again, increasing the maximum to 10 abilities; the item then becomes a greater artifact.
All taking it more than once does is bump the power of the single item.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
DarkKnight27

Old May 2nd, 2016, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
LazarX is correct:

All taking it more than once does is bump the power of the single item.
But there's nothing that says you can't have more than one Legendary items. So you could (if I'm reading this right) have a Legendary weapon AND Legendary armor. But the way the Legendary ability is programmed it doesn't seem to let you do this, even if you take it 4 or more times.
DarkKnight27 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DarkKnight27

Old May 2nd, 2016, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
You need to download Shadow Chemosh's campaign Packs to get the progressive version of Radiance which is the only item in the campaign with that option. Then once you have it equipped, make the evolution in the In-Play adjustment.
Will it work on iPad? Is it safe? Does it have any know issues? Will it cause other parts of the program to not work properly? Is it easy to use? Is there a cost to get it?
DarkKnight27 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote