Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:47 AM
With a great deal of luck I should have the files for forgotten realms, at least the basic ones complete within the week. I haven't gotten all the things I would have wanted, but not for lack of trying.

The files I have are as following:

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Players Guide to Faerun
Monsters of Faerun (selected monsters)
Races of Faerun (selected monsters)
Underdark

Files include all regions (monstrous race combinations incomplete)
Regional and racial feats
Spells (duplicates not included)
All gear, magic items, potions, wondrous items.
All item materials and non-duplicate powers.

Races:
Aarakocra, Araviel (Winged Elf), Song Dragon, Genasi, Half-Drow, Hybsil, Kir-Lanan, Phaerimm, Shade, Sharn, Tanarukk, Black Unicorn, and the Improved Familiar animals.
Fay'ri not included; code difficulties.

Classes:
Red Wizard of Thay, War Wizard of Cormyr

I may try and add more classes if I have time, I would like to add the Shadow Thieves of Amn, Orc Warlord, and Great Rift Skyguard among others.

If any items that I need to add or remove, or other comments before I finalize things feel free to post.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:54 AM
That all sounds pretty awesome. Should make for an excellent update to the community set. I'd like to be able to get that out by the end of next week if possible. Whenever you are done, just send me the files. If I have to make any changes to them to incorporate them into the set, I'll let you know. Great work, Toby! Looking forward to adding this in. Don't fret too much about not getting some stuff in. There will be other releases this year.
Sendric is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 1st, 2014, 06:16 AM
Okay, for the most part everything is set, but there are two things I thing are both very important to add,
There are two templates, "Chosen of Mystra" and the "Magister"
Both of them have a chooser to pick up spells based on the user's choice.

Both of them have the ability to pick one spell per spell level and treat that spell as a spell like ability and to be FOREVER immune to that spell. However, because templates do not allow for that functionality in the d20 version (but do in the pathfinder from what I am told). I have had to get creative.

Here is my thoughts, is it possible to create a Class, and then force hero labs to remove the HD gained from however many levels are taken. I have already found a way to add and subtract level adjustments. (I use to buy off level adjustments).

If this is possible, it should make this fairly simple as the code already exists to do what I want, (Arcane Dillitante, Factotum)
TobyFox2002 is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 3rd, 2014, 06:33 AM
Ready to send the files, just a quick question about the .user files themselves.

I have Merged two pre-existing files MoFa -Wemic.user MoFa - Stinger.user into Monsters of Faerun.

I hoped that this might save you some time, I did a number of tests and it functions properly. If you do not want this I can remove them.

Also I used Merged Underdark - Chitine.user into Drow of the Underdark - Feats.user which I have used as a base to hold all of the content from both Underdark sourcebooks.

If this is not acceptable in some way I can fix it back.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Ready to send the files, just a quick question about the .user files themselves.

I have Merged two pre-existing files MoFa -Wemic.user MoFa - Stinger.user into Monsters of Faerun.

I hoped that this might save you some time, I did a number of tests and it functions properly. If you do not want this I can remove them.

Also I used Merged Underdark - Chitine.user into Drow of the Underdark - Feats.user which I have used as a base to hold all of the content from both Underdark sourcebooks.

If this is not acceptable in some way I can fix it back.
Thanks. I appreciate the effort. That said, I've already combined all pre-existing files into a one file/source situation. I am actually keeping Underdark and Drow of the Underdark separate since they are separate books. You should only need to send files containing new material. There have been a few changes made to the FR files on my end as well, so whatever you send me, I'm going to be going through carefully to make sure things are integrated smoothly.

Sorry I missed your previous question about the templates. Not sure what you ended up with, but hopefully you figured it out.
Sendric is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 3rd, 2014, 08:00 AM
The template, well not much I can do with it as a template, so I decided to try and make it as a 3 level prestige class.

Then find some way to subtract the extra HD. I haven't yet found a way to do that.

Neither Chosen of Mystra nor Magister are balanced. They have a spell-like ability to cast 1 spell from each level and full immunity to 1 spell from each spell level. Also, both of the mare simply a sidebar, not laid out like a template is normally. The only guide that one can go by is a similar template (and easier to make) from Faiths and Pantheons called "Chosen of Bane."
But that's well beyond the scope of this project.

There is no level adjustment, no requirements to the prestige classes, but that's the way of 3.0. Sometimes things are just don't make sense.

Before the day is over I'll have the files for you. I'll send them through a private message on the forums unless you have a better way in mind.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 3rd, 2014, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
The template, well not much I can do with it as a template, so I decided to try and make it as a 3 level prestige class.

Then find some way to subtract the extra HD. I haven't yet found a way to do that.

Neither Chosen of Mystra nor Magister are balanced. They have a spell-like ability to cast 1 spell from each level and full immunity to 1 spell from each spell level. Also, both of the mare simply a sidebar, not laid out like a template is normally. The only guide that one can go by is a similar template (and easier to make) from Faiths and Pantheons called "Chosen of Bane."
But that's well beyond the scope of this project.

There is no level adjustment, no requirements to the prestige classes, but that's the way of 3.0. Sometimes things are just don't make sense.

Before the day is over I'll have the files for you. I'll send them through a private message on the forums unless you have a better way in mind.
You can email me the files at my gmail account. Username sendric.
Sendric is offline   #67 Reply With Quote