Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Is there something in particular you need from there? We don't do whole books as a rule, but I can often handle requests for specific things.
Lawful_g is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 1st, 2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiles Targon View Post
Any idea when the Ultimate Mage update is coming?
That is my fault it is taking so long. I keep getting little time to finish the testing and putting everything together that the other editors have worked so hard to do.

It is coming never fear and working on how to improve the whole process...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Thiles Targon

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:07 AM
@Lawful g – Sorry, I meant the Ultimate Magus Prestige Class

@ShadowChemosh – No need to Apologize! I’m so grateful for all the work everyone has put into this!
Thiles Targon is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old February 6th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Who was working on the Ultimate Magus class? Are you here?
Lawful_g is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Snowpaw

Old February 6th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Alright, I now have Hero Lab, I'm going to start work on adding in Arcana Unearthed content soon, however I am almost certain I will need help on it. I'm almost sure there are things like Spellfire that are very hard to add via the normal editor and will require XML coding to work properly, knowledge of which I have none.

On another note. Can someone please add Spellfire if at all possible? It's in The Magic of Faerun.

EDIT: Ran into a problem. I need to basically add another spellcaster type and a few special rules for spellcasting. AU casters ALL cast the same way, no difference between divine and arcane. Also, they cast both like a sorcerer and a wizard. Every day they pick a spell list and ready those spells, then they're able to cast them spontaneously. They can also split and combine spell slots in a process called weaving. Probably the last problem with this is the different spell classes. Simple, Complex, and Exotic. All casters get simple, and must take feats to get each level of complex spells. Exotic spells are ones you need a feat to just cast a specific one of. Magisters get all complex spells though. I don't know how in the world this could be added...

Last edited by Snowpaw; February 6th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
Snowpaw is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Snowpaw

Old February 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm getting a weird bug on Duskblade. I'm getting bonus 0 level spells KNOWN for high int mod and I have no idea why. Here's what I have enabled:

Open Content from Unearthed Arcana
PH2
Magic Item Compendium
Spell Compendium

That's all. Anyone know why I'm getting these bonus 0-level spells known? I'm supposed to have all four from the start and not get any more because all Duskblades know is 4.
Snowpaw is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
IamtheEvilTwin

Old February 6th, 2011, 12:24 PM
A Few things:

First off, thanks for all the work on the 3.5 source books it has been useful as my current group is starting to delve outside the core rules.

Minor Bug: The Knight Class (PHB2) did not seem to properly add the first full level of HD to the character's HP total. (Although the character was an Aasimaar, so that may have something to do with it.)

My Contribution: Since none of the classes/prestige classes for Race of the Dragon have been added and I had someone who started taking levels of the Dragon Devotee PrC, I created a basic DDev PrC.

It will do the job, but there are a few shortcuts that I took because I am just learning the Hero Lab Editor system.

-The only combat technique option is for Bonus Fighter feats...I am unsure how to create a choice between Fighter Feats and Rogue Sneak +d6
-I could not find a way to add the Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang to the spell list.

Here is a link to it if you want to give it a whirl: RotD Dragon Devotee.user
IamtheEvilTwin is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 6th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hey All,

If we could keep this thread clean for just Info about releases of the community created data set I would really appreciate it.

We have a thread that is specifically made for User Content Bug Reports . It can also be found at the top of the d20 forum.

If you wish to contribute please see THIS forum for where we talk about user projects.

If you have things to add please email them to me at ShadowChemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com or ShadowChemosh(at)google(dot)com. Its very easy for me to miss things posted to a thread.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 7th, 2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: fixed link to the correct User Bug Report thread.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 6th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I could use some help from LawfulG or ShadowChemosh.

I've got a couple gating issues that are preventing me from integrating my changes:

1) I can't seem to find the timing to modify a Special (in the special tab) and have the change print on the character sheet? (This is blocking me adding the Druid changes to the PHB 3.5 Wild Shape in D20 data set.)

2) How do you set a default value to a class special in the class tab that has an option to choose? It defaults to "-No Selection-". I need to make an if that "field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0" then I need to choose for the user. I don't know how. The selection is based on a User. tag?

3) Should we be directing bug reports to the WolfLair bug report thread? Or to a specific thread for community stuff?

Last edited by risner; February 6th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
risner is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Answered your stuff in THIS thread.

Would really like to keep this clean for just announcements of releases.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #40 Reply With Quote