Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

AndrewD2

Old May 29th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't expect soon, it'll get here when it gets here.
AndrewD2 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Vilhjalmr

Old May 29th, 2015, 08:54 PM
It's got some complicated stuff (AI PCs), So I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also, they don't like giving timelines due to the unpredictable nature of it.

Advice from past precedence would be put it out of mind... it'll seem to get done a lot quicker.
Vilhjalmr is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old June 6th, 2015, 06:56 AM
I'm still waiting for the shifter races and alternate chargen systems myself. Still given what they did there its entirely possible we'll get the gear/qualities etc and then when they've sorted out the AI's and other more complex things add those at a later date for free if you bought the data trails package.
Senko is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old June 19th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
If you're playing a Technomancer don't hold your breath.
What are you on about? Did you read all of the Technomancer setting material in there? Its like the last third of the book.

Plus, the book has the Leroy Jenkins and Nerd Rage qualities, its worth it for that alone. lol

Quote:
Pathfinder Society is VASTLY superior because they ACTUALLY PUT SHIT OUT. There's a new scenario every month, and books come out left and right. I get that Catalyst is smaller than Paizo (no duh), but the support for their own game just isn't there.

SR is my first and favorite RPG. And I really feel like Bull and his ilk have ruined it. I'm not bitching about the rule changes (though there are a few wtf areas), I'm pissed that we don't have resources where we need them, and whenever we get them, they're half assed and incomplete.

Grrrrrrr
Dude, chill out. If you "finished all the missions" you could always use the random mission generator they give you. Your GM could make up runs. Or, you could just play something else. I don't mind SR5e, honestly. I enjoy playing it, and my group has had none of these problems. I think you are just projecting anger onto it and see faults where there are none.

Is it perfect?

No.

Should I have rules for concealing pop out guns on vehicles in the core rule book?

Yes!

Was the game session ruined because we couldn't find them, of course not. If you love Pathfinder so much, play it. If you love shadowrun, play it. But blaming the lack of the ability to play and enjoy the game on what (seems) like an unwilling to commit the time into planning sessions or randomly generating them seems a bit bitter and entitled to me man.

Its not like you're playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall and when you're done... thats it. Game Over. And its not really a contest, so what... piazo is pumping out books and Catalyst isn't giving you the rules you need. We've been playing for six sessions now and we havent need ANY of the rules you said were in 4E that are not in 5E and our last two missions were matrix-based.

I'm not picking on you or having a go, just feels a bit like you're angry at something and so finding reasons to validate that anger rather than making a fair assessment of the material.

Plus, if 4E was better there is NOTHING stopping you from playing it man. Stick with the games you love. Those old books don't automatically become useless just because something new comes out. If they do what you want them to do and give you what you want, just play 4E. Honestly, theyre both pretty compatible with one another anyway. It shouldn't take you longer than it does to squint to back covert the material.

Last edited by Polecat; June 19th, 2015 at 10:02 AM.
Polecat is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 20th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
What are you on about? Did you read all of the Technomancer setting material in there? Its like the last third of the book.
Read it again. If you're talking about foundation stuff....that's available to every hacker in the game.

Techno's got a few qualities (former Otaku is neat-ish), a couple of CF's (most are not worth the investment) and a couple of Echoes (all are pretty piss-poor, and one is a rewrite of the core book Mind over Machine one with a different name, i.e. non stacking).

Techno's are completely ignored crunch wise. There's like all of 3 things in that book that benefit/add to the Techno's arsenal. That's all I was saying. Really, it's not worth it if you're a technomancer. It's Decker or bust (as is usual in 5th ed).

Quote:
Plus, the book has the Leroy Jenkins and Nerd Rage qualities, its worth it for that alone. lol
I'll give you that the qualities are "neat". But compared to Unwired...the book sucks. No emotitoys, no rules on hacking lifestyle, no rules for PAN/WAN/Hosts, nothing "new" other than AI and Foundation (a foundation run looks neat as far as deep runs go, but most groups will never do them).

Quote:
Dude, chill out. If you "finished all the missions" you could always use the random mission generator they give you. Your GM could make up runs. Or, you could just play something else. I don't mind SR5e, honestly. I enjoy playing it, and my group has had none of these problems. I think you are just projecting anger onto it and see faults where there are none.
It's not that easy, chummer. SR Missions (like PFS, but for SR) REQUIRES that you ONLY play the missions for that group. Nothing outside the support for Missions counts. My group finished all the missions save one last year. We haven't gotten together since because these guys WANT to play their characters at cons and stuff. Can't do that if you play a home game.

You HAVE to only play Sprawl Wilds, SRM-05-01 through X (whatever they're on now) and the other book with 4 missions. There's like 15, and that's all there are. If I run my group through a homebrew or "Random" mission, it doesn't count and they can't keep the karma/cash for "Missions!"

It's a shitty setup is what I'm saying.

Quote:
(...the rest...
I LOVE SR, but from what I've seen of SR5 and what's been said about it.... I'll stick to SR4 for fun, and not get to play my favorite kind of character (Otaku/Technomancer) since there's no support for them in SR5. I'm pissed about the lack of support for MOST classes in the game. I'm pissed that they have this GREAT IP and they keep fucking it up with shit support and crap products.

Data Trails as a Core Supplement is more than lacking, it's pathetic and a money grab.

The Art takes up too much space, the sidebars are HUGE, and the text is 12pt font. They have a REALLY bad word count for the money.

If I could get my money back, I would in a heartbeat.

IDK, maybe it'll get better...but we had twice the books in 4th ed. by this point and they were Crunch and Flavor heavy. 5th ed. feels like they don't care about their own product.

It's the way I feel. Again, I can play homebrew, but not with the same Missions legal characters. And there's no support for it. There's a TON of gamers in my city, and ZERO Missions games other than the ones we ran. Nobody supports it because Catalyst doesn't.

It's sad.

Last edited by Pollution; June 22nd, 2015 at 08:07 AM.
Pollution is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old June 21st, 2015, 08:24 AM
That makes sense, and to be fair, I honestly had no idea that there were "con legal laws" that prevent you from playing characters and using them at cons. Makes sense though I suppose, still.. seems a bit silly.
Polecat is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old June 21st, 2015, 08:48 AM
Quote:
It's not that easy, chummer. SR Missions (like PFS, but for SR) REQUIRES that you ONLY play the missions for that group. Nothing outside the support for Missions counts. My group finished all the missions save one last year. We haven't gotten together since because these guys WANT to play their characters at cons and stuff. Can't do that if you play a home game.

You HAVE to only play Sprawl Wilds, SRM-05-01 through X (whatever they're on now) and the other book with 4 missions. There's like 15, and that's all there are. If I run my group through a homebrew or "Random" mission, it doesn't count and they can't keep the karma/cash for "Missions!"
You are correct, there are basically 15 (18 exactly) SRM Chicago missions availble right now for a non-Catalyst Demo Team member (see http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=17971.0 for a full list.) However, if you can convince your local GM to join the Catalyst Demo Team, there are an additional 31 missions that might be available to run.

Don't forget that if you run the missions yourself, you can still get credit as if one of your characters had played the mission.

Let me know if you want more details.

- The Masked Ferret
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 22nd, 2015, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
You are correct, there are basically 15 (18 exactly) SRM Chicago missions availble right now for a non-Catalyst Demo Team member (see http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=17971.0 for a full list.) However, if you can convince your local GM to join the Catalyst Demo Team, there are an additional 31 missions that might be available to run.

Don't forget that if you run the missions yourself, you can still get credit as if one of your characters had played the mission.

Let me know if you want more details.

- The Masked Ferret
I applied 2 years ago.

Followed up a couple of times.

Gave up.

The response was zero, the interest was none.

I live in frickin Indianapolis. Home to GenCon.... You would think that they'd want ONE agent in town, but nope, none.

And if there is one, he's doing a shitty job, since there are a few SR games in town that I know of, but NOBODY runs Missions! around here. There's no firebase. I started the first "unofficial" firebase in Indy 2 years ago, got about 20 people interested in the game in that time, but had nothing to run.

My core 3 players and I said, "Fuck it! We'll go back to 4th and run those missions."

Zero support from Catalyst.

I'm probably so bitter because, again, SR was my FIRST RPG, I LOVED it. I followed it for years. Paid for the $50 3rd edition book, got all the devs to sign it at Gencon that year. Bought EVERY supplement that's ever come out (I'm a collector, it's a curse). And with 5th...I can't keep caring. They screw up every 5 minutes.
Pollution is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old June 22nd, 2015, 05:46 PM
Deleted post, there is an entire second page that I did not see. My post was to something on page 1.

Last edited by Mmurphy; June 22nd, 2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Missed the fact that there is an entire second page
Mmurphy is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Namikaze

Old June 22nd, 2015, 10:49 PM
Quote:
*clip*
2 years ago, things were very different than they are now. Have you contacted Ray Rigel about becoming a Demo Agent? He's the coordinator for the whole team, and he can be reached at sinthalix@yahoo.com. Just send him an email, tell him Namikaze sent you. :P
Namikaze is offline   #20 Reply With Quote