Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Bobson

Old December 21st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Public Service Announcement: Catalyst just announced that Shadowrun 5 will be released this summer.
Bobson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old December 27th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Here's an interesting question, and it probably can't be answered until more details are released for the new version: Will Lone Wolf only be supporting v5 or will they be supporting both versions? This is also assuming there are a LOT of rules changes between the two.

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wilcoxon

Old December 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I would think it would be more likely that Hero Lab would only support SR4 as the announcement sounds like there will be some significant changes (and probably requiring a new license for SR5).

Is anyone else worried by the line "faster character creation"? That usually means removing choices. My guess (in the absence of any concrete details) is they are planning to use something similar to the PACKS system released as part of Runners Toolkit. I hope I'm wrong or that they give options in the main rulebook for PACKS and BP (and/or KarmaGen).
wilcoxon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bobson

Old December 27th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Droz View Post
Here's an interesting question, and it probably can't be answered until more details are released for the new version: Will Lone Wolf only be supporting v5 or will they be supporting both versions? This is also assuming there are a LOT of rules changes between the two.
My impression is that the mechanics will be similar, but there will be tweaks and consolidation, like I think happened between SR2 and SR3. But I could be totally wrong.

I would also assume that Lone Wolf will continue to support SR4 in the same way they do 3.5, provided they don't lose their license. That may mean no new releases, but you'd still be able to get everything existing.
Bobson is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 28th, 2012, 09:06 AM
With the announcement about Shadowrun 5, we know everyone has a lot of questions about Hero Lab supporting it. We will be supporting Shadowrun 5, barring any unforeseen circumstances. We expect to be able to share more information in a few months, and will update everyone in our newsletter.
John is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I hope Lone Wolf will support both 4e and 5e, at least for a while. There will be some transition in SRM play, so I would think that will need some equal-time support from Hero Lab.
crowofpyke is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old April 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I thought of another questions about SR5.

Will SR5 be supported by HL by the SR5 launch at GenCon in August? IE- Will I be able to use HL to make SR5 characters at GenCon?....
crowofpyke is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Perverseness

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
what level of rebuy will folks who have the 4e packages need to do? Main book free? main book plus equivalent bundles? just curious
Perverseness is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old May 12th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Event calendar is out for GenCon. Not a single 4e session scheduled by Catalyst Labs - all the CMP games are 5th edition.

So.... Is Lone Wolf going to have a 5e HL module ready for purchase by GenCon?
crowofpyke is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
sinthalix

Send a message via Skype™ to sinthalix

Old May 17th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Please note that the event list for GenCon does not include all SR events submitted. We are waiting on final approval for a load of events. Starting at Origins, we will be running SR5 at all conventions in which I have a direct part in scheduling. The full list of submitted events is on the Shadowrun Universe forums.

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone there!
Ray Rigel
Lead RPGs Agent
Catalyst Demo Team
sinthalix is offline   #10 Reply With Quote