Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I've noticed that HL does not take into account the speed reduction on these movement types for armor/encumbrance. So I'm thinking of rewriting them to do so. Not sure about Burrow though, but definitely the other three.

What I need to do is ask if there are any things anyone can recall that affect the speeds of these movement types. I know haste does, but is there anything else I should consider besides that and armor/encumbrance? I'm just brain dead this morning and can't think of anything right off the top of my head.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Another question I have slightly related to this. Does callCalcValue actually find the highest Value tag, or does it just find one and apply it. I'm hoping it works like the macros and I can use it that way, but I'm not sure.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
I've noticed that HL does not take into account the speed reduction on these movement types for armor/encumbrance. So I'm thinking of rewriting them to do so. Not sure about Burrow though, but definitely the other three.

What I need to do is ask if there are any things anyone can recall that affect the speeds of these movement types. I know haste does, but is there anything else I should consider besides that and armor/encumbrance? I'm just brain dead this morning and can't think of anything right off the top of my head.
Well, besides the obvious spell, Slow, one's movement rate is affected when they are entangled/pinned (potentially when grappled but not pinned), victim of a Web spell, etc. I suggest you look at the Freedom spell for a list of things that affect movement.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 16th, 2012, 12:01 PM
CalcValue sets the value of the field to a max of the current value or this highest tag value, then deletes the ShowSpec and ShowCharge tags if the value is 0.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 16th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
CalcValue sets the value of the field to a max of the current value or this highest tag value, then deletes the ShowSpec and ShowCharge tags if the value is 0.
Yes, but it does it at different times, which almost always ensures that the tag supersedes the Value field, at least I've always had problems with it. I intend to code it such that it does not use the tags, I'm already doing that with the flying ability, but need to think about doing the others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Well, besides the obvious spell, Slow, one's movement rate is affected when they are entangled/pinned (potentially when grappled but not pinned), victim of a Web spell, etc. I suggest you look at the Freedom spell for a list of things that affect movement.
Thanks, that is exactly what I was asking for. I knew about slow, but forgot entangled and grappled, spell effects are I take care of them when they come up, as I do that right in the spell effect's code. The freedom spell is definitely useful, thanks once again.
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Got this to work, I was able to do it without having to remove the tags. I just made the script happen late enough to ignore the Value tags and just look at the Value field. Another piece knocked out.
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote