Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2009, 10:38 PM
It's official! It's about 2:30am here in Indianapolis, which means it's now August 13th. So we have enabled the Pathfinder RPG Data Files for purchase. You should also find the Pathfinder files accessible via the Updates mechanism within Hero Lab. Just make sure that you are running the latest V3.4 release of Hero Lab. :-)

We're going to hit the sack for a few hours and then get up for the first day of GenCon. So we're not going to be able to monitor the forums or answer questions until Thursday night, and I can't guarantee we'll get through all of them if there are a ton. We'll do our best to answer questions while we're here at the show. However, please be patient with us, since we're already exhausted and the show hasn't even started yet!

Thanks for all the support and definitely stop by the booth (#1810) if you're here at GenCon!
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old August 13th, 2009, 04:33 PM
You got my $20 bucks! Thanks for getting it done! I look forward to the first update in a few weeks.

But if you check in on the boards, let us know how it was received.. I knpw Paizo must have been nuts in the morning, and their server exploded. They got it fixed but the initial sales of the PDFs were delayed.

And they scored a deal with Reaper to do Minis...

Did you guys get any Pathfinder spillover?
Did the first day go well overall?
JimGroves is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old August 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Where can I purchase this ruleset? I have been waiting for this one for quite some time. I can't find a link to purchase it anywhere on the site!
daddystabz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old August 14th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddystabz View Post
Where can I purchase this ruleset? I have been waiting for this one for quite some time. I can't find a link to purchase it anywhere on the site!
First.. it is a little confusing, so don't feel bad.

Secondly, update your Hero Labs core files. There will also be an option to install the Pathfinder files- do so. That will get the Pathfinder data set into Hero Labs, but you'll have restricted access. Activate the new license, and start the program with the Pathfinder ruleset. Once you have it running it will tell you that you have limited options because you haven't purchased the ruleset yet, but it will provide you with a handy button that will open up a screen that will let you purchase and unlock it.
JimGroves is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOlsen View Post
Did you guys get any Pathfinder spillover?
Did the first day go well overall?
There were lots of folks who came by and asked when we would have Pathfinder support. It was nice to be able to say "Is now soon enough?". :->

The show was great for us. However, it was horribly exhausting. We're still trying to get caught up, and it's late on the second day after getting home. <crack> Oops. Gotta get back to work. :-)
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 25th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Quick question, can the D&D 3.5 information be ported into the pathfinder module without dodification? Just wanting to see if folks can use the same prestige classes, gear, feats, skils, and spells. Thanks.
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 25th, 2009, 10:31 AM
No, there will be work involved in porting them between the game systems. It'll probably be easiest to open two copies of HL, open the editor in each, and copy everything that way. Most of the changes took place in the core definitions of things, so using the editor will get around those issues.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote