Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Kuriin

Old May 29th, 2014, 05:04 PM
I've had Herolab on my computer for a few years now and it just randomly said my license is no longer working and requires early reassignment. It was working literally 4 days ago. I updated herolab and this happened.

I have a game which I'm GMing in 20 minutes. HEEELPPPP....
Kuriin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old May 29th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Hopefully somebody saw this and got back to you but I should mention that you posted this in the wrong forum. You want the Herolab one and not Realm Works.
Gord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 29th, 2014, 07:19 PM
No one on the forums can really help you fix this. You have to email LW at support@wolflair.com.

I, ShadowChemosh, would say that 99.99% of all license issues I have seen turns out to be a simple misunderstanding in the end-gamers use of the Hero Lab licenses. The golden rule of Hero Lab license is that EACH and EVERY computer must have its own unique license. You can NOT use the same license on more than one computer.

Most peoples issue is the above. They install Hero Lab on two computers which we will call Computer1 and Computer2. The license will actually initially work correctly. For Computer1 activates the license then when installed on Computer2 the license "Transfers" to this computer (which can be done every 120 days). But Computer1 does not "recheck" the license yet at this time so it continues to work. Then an update happens and Computer1 is upgraded first and the upgrade goes to check the license and BOOM finds that the license had been reassigned to Computer2.

To solve this issue when installing onto the 2nd computer make sure you go to "License->Obtain Secondary License..." and use the new License code on the 2nd computer. If you do this you will NOT have any license issues.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 29th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks ShadowChemosh!

Kuriin, it looks like Dave was also able to help you out. Please don't hesitate to contact support@wolflair.com if you have follow-up questions!
liz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kuriin

Old May 30th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Gotchya. Thanks so much, Shadow, for that information.

@Liz: Yeah, got it fixed (albeit late, but fixed is better than not fixed). Was so desperate I was about to pay another $99 for all of my stuff again, lol. -.- Sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum. I was literally in a panic mode.
Kuriin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote