Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Provos

Old June 15th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all the work
Provos is offline   #891 Reply With Quote
CaliVanus

Old July 1st, 2019, 11:56 AM
Is there any chance of getting the Sand Shaper prestige class from Sandstorm added? Thanks for all your work.
CaliVanus is offline   #892 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 3rd, 2019, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliVanus View Post
Is there any chance of getting the Sand Shaper prestige class from Sandstorm added? Thanks for all your work.
I'll see what I can do.
Sendric is offline   #893 Reply With Quote
thaledison

Old August 1st, 2019, 08:41 PM
Two Issues:
1. The Alignment restrictions on Eye of Gruumsh (3.5 - Complete Warrior.user - cHelpEye) should be Forbid Any Lawful, Forbid Any Good, Forbid NeutralNeutral. Currently it is Forbid Any Lawful, Forbid Any Good, Forbid NeutralEvil.
2. The Axe, Orc Double is both WebProf.wAxeOrcDbl and WebProf.wCoWaAxDbl. cEyeGruum tests for WebProf.wAxeOrcDbl, but the feats grant proficiency with WebProf.wCoWaAxDbl. This causes that test to fail.
thaledison is offline   #894 Reply With Quote
Darwulf

Old August 16th, 2019, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I'll see what I can do.
Hello,

I've very new to Hero Lab and came across this topic for the sand shaper from the "Sandstorm" manual. I'm getting ready to go prestige class and noticed it is not in the current update that I can tell.

I don't mean to be presumptuous about when these updates get rolled out so please forgive me if I come off wrong. I am just excited to be using this tool for character creation and sad the Sand Shaper is not yet available.

How long does it take to add prestige classes to the data set? Are there any concise tutorials on how to add these ourselves? (I've played around a little with the editor but I am a little overwhelmed with all of the options.) Thanks for your time and any help with links and such will be most appreciated.
Darwulf is offline   #895 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 16th, 2019, 04:23 PM
There's no schedule for adding material to the community files. Mostly stuff gets added when someone has time to create something they want for themselves. I think Sendric keeps a list of requests, and occasionally can work on something others want.
There is "help" accessible from HL and also in the editor that talks about making classes. Prestige classes are similar, and it can be useful to load an existing one in the editor and see how it was done.
In addition - Hero Lab Help:
Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; August 16th, 2019 at 04:26 PM.
Dami is offline   #896 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 20th, 2019, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwulf View Post
How long does it take to add prestige classes to the data set? Are there any concise tutorials on how to add these ourselves? (I've played around a little with the editor but I am a little overwhelmed with all of the options.) Thanks for your time and any help with links and such will be most appreciated.
It depends on the class. Simple ones can take an hour or two if you're comfortable with the editor. Complex ones can take a few days. Adding classes with entirely new spellcasting systems like those from Magic of Incarnum can take weeks to months and may destroy your will to live. Or maybe that was just me.

Sand Shaper doesn't look too bad. I'll take a crack at it.
Sendric is offline   #897 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old August 20th, 2019, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
It depends on the class. Simple ones can take an hour or two if you're comfortable with the editor. Complex ones can take a few days. Adding classes with entirely new spellcasting systems like those from Magic of Incarnum can take weeks to months and may destroy your will to live. Or maybe that was just me.
I have Weapons of Legacy. I took a look at the code to try and add it. It's not just you
Illyahr is offline   #898 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 20th, 2019, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
I have Weapons of Legacy. I took a look at the code to try and add it. It's not just you
Maybe that's why my subconscious keeps preventing me from working on that one.

In the meantime, I have completed Sand Shaper and attached the updated Sandstorm user file. This can be downloaded and dropped into your data folder. It *should* compile and work normally, but I can't give you your money back if it doesn't.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3.5 - Sandstorm.zip (89.6 KB, 3 views)
Sendric is offline   #899 Reply With Quote
youkiralf

Old August 26th, 2019, 03:55 PM
Hi there. I'm new to the forum, and to the dark arcanes of Herolab, but i'm looking for the Bone Knight, prestige class from Eberron five nations. Anyone knows where i can find it ? Thank you guys.
youkiralf is offline   #900 Reply With Quote