Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which game systems would you most like to see supported by Hero Lab?
Call of Cthulhu 83 18.86%
Cthulutech 43 9.77%
d6 System (West End Games) 68 15.45%
d20 Modern 92 20.91%
d20 System Epic Support 55 12.50%
d20 System mechanics (starting point for other d20 games) 95 21.59%
Dark Heresy 125 28.41%
Eclipse Phase 79 17.95%
Exalted 122 27.73%
Hollow Earth Expedition 29 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Paragon

Old June 12th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemstone View Post
I'm coming in late to this party, but I'd like to throw my chips into the pot, if I could, with the following suggestions:

Cyberpunk 2020
Mekton Z
Fuzion

I say this not only as a writer for these three products (Hi!), but as someone who has heard many times at conventions the phrase "Man, I wish I had a decent character builder for this game."

Authoring kit is an answer, sure, but speaking as someone who would love to do more small-press work with these games (I also run Atomic Rocket Games, but that doesn't mean much since my day job bit me on the ass), I'd be more than happy to pitch the idea of Hero Lab at R. Talsorian's honcho.
I've occasionally thought of taking the Authoring Kit to Fuzion, but I'd never get the output to look like anything but crap.

But yes, it'd be nice to have a HL template for those. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's still enough players to support it.
Paragon is offline   #91
Oldschoola77

Send a message via AIM to Oldschoola77 Send a message via Yahoo to Oldschoola77 Send a message via Skype™ to Oldschoola77

Old June 21st, 2012, 10:23 PM
Star Wars D20
Oldschoola77 is offline   #92
pfloyd

Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:16 AM
The new Marvel Heroic RPG system.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
=== Douglas Adams
pfloyd is offline   #93
EberronKnight

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfloyd View Post
The new Marvel Heroic RPG system.
I love this game too and would love to be able to track game play for MHR.

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #94
Ozymandias

Old June 29th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Earthdawn 3rd Edition would be an awesome option, too I for one would buy it immediately
Ozymandias is offline   #95
flyingcircus

Old July 21st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
That would be called the Authoring Kit. It's already available and provides the framework for creating data files for any game you want, including all those retro games. The Kit includes Savage Worlds as a complete example, which definitely isn't a retro game, but it's an excellent game that serves as a great example of how to do stuff. :-)
Its just that the Authorizing Kit requires you have a PHD in Physics and Mathematics and Computing to understand how to put the damn stuff together.....
flyingcircus is offline   #96
flyingcircus

Old July 21st, 2012, 05:25 PM
flyingcircus is offline   #97
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 21st, 2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcircus View Post
Its just that the Authorizing Kit requires you have a PHD in Physics and Mathematics and Computing to understand how to put the damn stuff together.....
Oh, then I guess it couldn't have been me who built the Cortex, CoC and Shadowrun files using the authoring kit. I only have a bachelors degree in Biology.

You just have to be willing to study what's already there. There are two entire, functional game systems where you can look at everything that makes up that game system. We're also happy to answer questions (just be aware that it may take a little while to get back to you if you ask a complex question).
Mathias is offline   #98
Locclo

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
I admit I haven't looked through all ten pages here, but I've been curious about whether or not a GURPS version would be viable. It's pretty much all my friends play nowadays, and I would grab Hero Lab in a heartbeat if I could manage my character(s) with a program like this.
Locclo is offline   #99
dmccoy1693

Old October 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
How about Fate? That will be coming out soon.

Dale McCoy
Jon Brazer Enterprises

See all of our Powered by Hero Lab products today!
dmccoy1693 is offline   #100
Closed Thread