Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Shadowfoot

Old June 6th, 2020, 07:05 PM
I'm still looking forward to this. I would be happy to just get the humanoids and unique creatures per book first, followed by the scene scripts later.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old June 9th, 2020, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfoot View Post
I'm still looking forward to this. I would be happy to just get the humanoids and unique creatures per book first, followed by the scene scripts later.
agreed. anything would be better than nothing
dacoobob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old June 25th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfoot View Post
I'm looking to start running Extinction Crisis in about a month, and i will tell you, it is going to be a hard change from running an AP in HLC with the encounter pack. I am very much interested in that sort of content coming to HLO and would buy it up in a heartbeat.
Thrawn82 is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old July 31st, 2020, 02:59 PM
Just wondering if there's any new word on this. Extinction Curse has come and gone, and Agents of Edgewatch 1 has arrived. I noticed that there's been comments about Lost Omens: Legends projections. Any projections for Age of Ashes GM content yet?
Koro76 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
DMFerry

Old August 6th, 2020, 09:25 PM
I think the 'older' adventure paths will not be converted. Why should they make the effort for a older product when they are behind on Corebooks. and are re-doing the data files.

There is no profit in it for the time it will take to convert 12 books (Age of Ashes and Extinction curse) for maybe a couple of people.

I wish they just would say it and not state that it will come later.
DMFerry is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old August 7th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMFerry View Post
I think the 'older' adventure paths will not be converted. Why should they make the effort for a older product when they are behind on Corebooks. and are re-doing the data files.

There is no profit in it for the time it will take to convert 12 books (Age of Ashes and Extinction curse) for maybe a couple of people.

I wish they just would say it and not state that it will come later.
Most people I know in the community are either just starting EC (Book 1-2) or are about halfway through AoA (Book 3-4). Are you seeing something different in your community?

APs take a long time to run. My group started AoA on launch day about a year ago. We play ~8 hours a week and are just starting the last book. Most people don't play as much as we do, so I'm willing to bet that many GMs still want AoA and EC.
Koro76 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old August 7th, 2020, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koro76 View Post
Most people I know in the community are either just starting EC (Book 1-2) or are about halfway through AoA (Book 3-4). Are you seeing something different in your community?

APs take a long time to run. My group started AoA on launch day about a year ago. We play ~8 hours a week and are just starting the last book. Most people don't play as much as we do, so I'm willing to bet that many GMs still want AoA and EC.
I know I still want it. We started on AoA in January after completing The Fall of Plaguestone. We are in part 3 of book 2.

In order, the things I want in the GM content are:
  1. New creatures (Are all these already included as part of the player content?)
  2. Equipment the player characters can use (Are all these already included as part of the player content?)
  3. NPCs
  4. Hazards
  5. New spells
  6. Scene scripts
  7. Campaign overview & setup
I don't know what else might be included in the GM content.

I expect the campaign overview and setup may be required to manage the scene scripts, but together these are a low priority for me. I've already created folders for each book, subfolders for each part, and scene scripts for each location. I have some extra scenes scripts to manage recurring events, such as patrols.

I haven't found an easy way to build some of the NPCs, so getting them will be very useful for me. I want to be able to use them outside the scene scripts so that I can include them in future books if the opportunity comes up. I would be happy if they are released progressively rather than waiting for all the GM content to be ready.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design

Last edited by Shadowfoot; August 7th, 2020 at 06:13 PM.
Shadowfoot is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old August 7th, 2020, 08:38 PM
I start running Age of Ashes tomorrow (I'd been running my other sub-group through converted d20 modules, and this one through PFS scenarios up to now). Doing the HLO and Virtual Map work will be a chore for sure, but at least the Gamemastery Guide has good tools for building NPCs (except for the part about not having the core Ancestries in the NPC builder).

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old August 9th, 2020, 06:37 PM
Definitely the NPCs for me. It's a giant pain trying to make some of them, since you're not even sure you'll be able to add some of the abilities that are there. I've gotten lazy and have started using placeholders while I write stuff on a notecard even, since it happens so frequently.

Basically, if it's not in a bestiary or a toolbox and has stats, I want it badly.
Koro76 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
DMFerry

Old August 10th, 2020, 10:19 PM
I am on book 3 and it's a pain to convert all NPC's but it's not that hard.

If they somehow made a function so that you can share content that would help then you could have a community of module makers or a marketplace like D&D Beyond.
DMFerry is offline   #30 Reply With Quote