Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old April 27th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I have run into an compiler error that has cropped up since the new update and I dont know how to handle it because it gives no reasonable information how to debug.

Whenever I test, compile, reload or load my testing game system (where all my community updates are) I get the following message:

Quote:
Hero Lab completed compilation, but the following warnings were encountered:

One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.
When I click on the link to open the timing report the document is absolutely massive. Must be dozens and dozens of pages. Without additional details regarding the timing error there is nothing I can do to fix the problem.

How exactly do I proceed? I mean I suppose I could open a bug ticket, but I'm not really sure what that would do since I really dont have anything that would help others reproduce this, short of ziping up my game system folder and sending it along with the email.

The timing report can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bf2zrqg8c...iming.xml?dl=0, The xml file is 4+ mb in size.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 28th, 2017, 09:28 AM
The very top of the report has the "errors" listed.

I am pretty sure HL has issues with this duplicate:
Code:
<duplicates>
  <dupe name="Thing raDrBreath: Dragon Breath Weapon sets livename">
      <task name="Thing raDLDeaTh: Dragon Breath Weapon sets livename">
        </task>
      <task name="Thing raDrBreath: Dragon Breath Weapon sets livename">
        </task>
    </dupe>
  </duplicates>
I am going to assume that raDLDeaTh is your new "Dragon Lance" breath weapon? The issue is you gave a script name with the exact same name as the LW script name. HL won't like that as the idea is that a script name is meant to be "Unique" in all of HL to help with timing issues.

Try correcting the script name to be more unique or remove it and see if your issue is fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 28th, 2017, 10:52 AM
How did I not see that? Sigh

Hrmm.... This is very odd, it only appeared after the most recent update. Is this caused by the timing change for raBrBreath?

raDLDeaTh is the special where I tried to create a universal special for Death Throes (very surprised there isnt a core one). But I gave up because of how Death throes work. Not all of them have the same damage, some of them dont even do damage. Lots of conditional stuff, and I got lost in the spaghetti of if...else statements. I will review it later and try and get that working in the future.

Thanks very much for helping me with this. I will remember error in the future.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 28th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
How did I not see that? Sigh
No problem. That report when first viewed is VERY overwhelming in the amount of info it gives.

Eventually I learned to just care about the very first bit of info and ignore the rest...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 29th, 2017, 09:38 AM
RELEASE UPDATE: I am just doing some final bug testing as I pack up all the files. Everything should be ready for release on Monday or Tuesday (5/1-2/2017).
TobyFox2002 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote