Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

gcpeart

Old July 20th, 2015, 09:32 AM
In the path, pre-adventure path content packs, the AP content other then the encounters/built NPCs was available as part of the Core pathfinder content, including the Players Guide traits. Is it correct that with the new AP Packs the only thing for bundled in the core content is the players guide content?

Assuming that is correct, would you consider bundling the non-encounter stuff in a for pay package separate from the encounters. While I don't disagree that the encounters are work intensive, with a small audience, and so require a high price to make them worth your time to create, from my perspective, even if I never intend to run an AP, I have to buy a costly add-on to gain access to the bestiary/artefacts/spells of new religion articles/other content. Content that you've historically given to me for the other APs at no additional cost, and which I'm challenged to justify that it is worth more to me than 2.5 hard cover books, At most I would value it at 1.5-2 times the cost of one of the splatbook bundles (since you include 4 per bundle, and there are 6 books in the AP)
gcpeart is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 20th, 2015, 09:39 AM
All Player Content from the APs are included as part of the core package. You don't need a separate package for them.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gcpeart

Old July 20th, 2015, 09:53 AM
What is the demarcation of Players Content vs Other Content?

The Core Content doesn't include Agrimmosh, which is intended to be in players hands, nor other special items like Brinya's Love. I believe the players content is constrained to just the Campaign Traits. I couldn't ask the players to spends $25 for their instances of HeroLab to gain access to a couple items. There hasn't been a clerical article yet in this AP, but most do include one, which typically has a 1-3 spells, maybe a feat or trait, and an alternate summon monster list.
gcpeart is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Agrimmosh and Brinya's love are both available for free, though you do have to turn on the Giantslayer source to see them.

In general, player content is any new item which they may buy or loot in the course of the adventure, any traits or spells they could take and so on. It doesn't include most races unless they are given a price to purchase as a minion (like various golems), or they are available as a companion to druids etc or familiars to wizards. Also some feats which are aimed at monster races aren't included (I remember the Osirion AP had some feats which enhanced powers granted by the mummy template).
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gcpeart

Old July 20th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I see that now, my quick test I found the GS Traits and assumed that Giantslayer was enabled.

This is all just clarification of what is in and out of the GM bundles, the original question was, would you consider a packaging of the GM content, excluding the encounters content at a price point more on par with your other content offerings?
gcpeart is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 20th, 2015, 10:50 AM
So mostly just the new monster races? I'll pass that idea along, at least.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
gcpeart

Old July 20th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
So mostly just the new monster races? I'll pass that idea along, at least.
Mostly that, but the article content, i.e. the Giant Toolbox would be good too.

Thanks for taking it in for consideration, that's all I'm asking.
gcpeart is offline   #7 Reply With Quote