Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Deryl

Old May 28th, 2017, 10:41 AM
I am having problems removing the Magic Talent Tab. I got a character with the Destruction Sphere and the tab won't go away. Even worse when I create a character from scratch and pick the Destruction Sphere the 'Magic Talent' Tab reappears.
Deryl is offline   #331 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old May 28th, 2017, 11:30 AM
I quite enjoy the new interface but for some reason this pro. is wonky. The magic tab wont disappear for the ones in red.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Wonky.gif (326.8 KB, 9 views)
catman123456 is offline   #332 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Oops. Looks like I missed some instances of bonus talents being bootstrapped to the old configurable. I'll have a fix for that soon. If anyone else finds more like these, please let me know here in this thread.

EDIT: Oh, man, there's a ton of them. Could have sworn I'd gotten rid of them before. Time to carry out a Tag Exterminatus...

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #333 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old May 28th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Hahahaha, it's my file! My Sighted Seeker. Woops:P

Last edited by chaoscowboy; May 28th, 2017 at 11:43 AM.
chaoscowboy is offline   #334 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscowboy View Post
Wish I knew what was using it then arrg.
This might help you track it down:

Open a new file in the editor. Create a new thing (doesn't matter what, any tab will do). Hit the Bootstaps button on the right side of the screen. On the popup window, hit "Click to add a new bootstrap". Then copy/paste or type that thingid into the textbox. If that thingid is valid, you'll see the "<Choose thing!>" text replaced with the name of the thing that has that ID. That should at least give you a clue as to where it comes from.

EDIT: Oh, I see you already found it.
TheIronGolem is offline   #335 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 28th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Hahahaha, it's my file! My Sighted Seeker. Woops:P
Replace the tag with Helper.Free as it does the same thing as old tag did.

Sorry... I really didn't think anyone would be using that tag already. I only added in 1.7 and then removed it 1.8. =(

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #336 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old May 28th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Ok so I booted it up after getting everything (I think) fixed and running and now I'm a tad confused. Do I use magic talents tab or sphere abilities tab and why are both showing up? I ask cause the Sphere Abilities tab says I have 3 talents as a cleric archetype. And the other says 5.

Also not getting the automatic death or life sphere from cleric either. Or the domain sphere... not sure how that works in hero lab.

EDIT: Looks like I got life for free but not death, as I'm an evil cleric of cyric with this build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What's Going On.jpg (340.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by chaoscowboy; May 28th, 2017 at 12:02 PM.
chaoscowboy is offline   #337 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Ok so I booted it up after getting everything (I think) fixed and running and now I'm a tad confused. Do I use magic talents tab or sphere abilities tab and why are both showing up? I ask cause the Sphere Abilities tab says I have 3 talents as a cleric archetype. And the other says 5.
As I mentioned in this post, the Magic Talents tab is deprecated. Remove any Talents, Drawbacks, Boons, or Casting Traditions from it, and it will disappear (You'll want to re-add those things on the new Sphere Abilities tab).

If there are things on the Magic Talents tab that you can't remove because they don't have delete buttons, that is because they are being automatically added by something else on your character (like when a class or archetype gives you certain talents as bonus talents). For that you'll need to wait until I can fix those things that are bootstrapping the talents into the old tab. I expect to get that done today.

Same goes for the "Alteration Form/Traits" tab, if you have that. Use the new tool on the Alteration tab to create your Shapeshift effects from now on.
TheIronGolem is offline   #338 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Ok but necromantic focus still doesn't work right and I'm not getting bonus talents from my domain either.
chaoscowboy is offline   #339 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Bugs:

* I can't choose for Limited Restoration, if cure or restore is affected.
* I removed both Destruction and Telekinesis sphere from the Sphere Abilities tab, which caused the Magic Talents tab to disappear. But readding those spheres caused the Magic Talent tab to reappear, showing both the base abilities of the sphere. Same goes for Alteration, Dark, Destruction: Admixture, Divination, Light, Easy Focus, Focus Casting and Magical Signs. Although the latter three originate from my racial caster, so that might another bug. Which brings me to:
* Racial caster hit dice seem to be broken right now. The fixed magic talents aren't fixed anymore, instead I could delete them from the magic talents tab. I suppose this thread needs an update.
* Destruction sphere doesn't show the increased damage cost anymore for 1 SP. Which would be nice to see in addition to the usual damage on the char sheet. Explosive Orb would be nice to include the same variant for, if you have Orb Expert. Speaking of which, does it really work? I have the feeling that the DC isn't increased at least.

Last edited by EldritchWeaver; May 28th, 2017 at 12:12 PM.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #340 Reply With Quote