Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Sturmrider

Old April 30th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Hi,

I have been trying to create a Lizardfolk 1st character. However whenever I select Lizardfolk as the race it gives me this in the Classes area.

Lvl Class HP

1-2 Lizardfolk 2d8+ 9 +2

If I try to add a level of a character class it starts me on the 3rd level.

I have gone through turning supplements on and off, but haven't found the one that will not turn this race into a class. I have to admit I am a little confused by this one.

Thank you for any help on this.
Sturmrider is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
IconoclasticScream

Old April 30th, 2017, 05:39 PM
That Lvl 3 you're seeing is actually telling you how many hit dice the character has. If you look under the class, skills, and feats tabs you'll see it's all what a first level character with three hit dice would have.
IconoclasticScream is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 30th, 2017, 06:25 PM
@Sturmrider, the answer is in your other thread.

"By the book", a Lizardfolk has 2 Racial HD. HD and level are synonymous in Pathfinder. Unless you're using the Advanced Race Guide rules to create a variant Lizardfolk race, they start with 2 HD and are equivalent to at least 2nd level characters before adding any levels ... a Lizardfolk with character levels is going to be equivalent to a 3rd level character.

ANY Race with Racial HD works this way. Races that don't have notes in their Bestiary entries "X race has no Racial HD and all HD come from class levels" or similar.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 30th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Any race with only one racial hit die, has that hit die replaced with the class level at first level.

Any race with more than a single racial hit die, has class levels adding to the existing racial hit dice.
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 30th, 2017, 09:02 PM
I may have missed the answer to this, but what is the issue with this? Rather, why is this a problem for your character? Why not use an adjustment to reduce the Racial HD if you are concerned with losing class levels by experience?
TobyFox2002 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old May 1st, 2017, 02:34 AM
Thank you all for your answers and I am sorry I started two thread on this. I did not see the one I started in the morning show up at all. My obvious thought was I did not hit Submit. I will have to pay more attention to this.

Thank you again.
Sturmrider is offline   #6 Reply With Quote