Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sturmrider

Old April 27th, 2017, 04:34 AM
Creating an NPC that has change shape. Now when I click on the tool it comes up with the change shape dialog box.

The Abilities Retained is very simple with checkboxes. The Abilities Gained though is confusing. It comes up with for example +2 to one Ability Score. I click on it and then double click thinking it will tell me what abilities I can adjust nothing happens.

When I click on the question mark it says: +2 to one ability score (Choose)

Unfortunately there is nothing to choose there. Is this just an adjustment you make in play or is there supposed to be a box that comes up for me to choose.

Thank you again for your help.
Sturmrider is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old April 28th, 2017, 02:02 AM
An example of the change showing this is the Succubus. I am just wondering if I am supposed to change the Ability Score manually.
Sturmrider is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old April 28th, 2017, 02:46 AM
I take it you are talking about "Change Shape" on this page.

If so:

A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume the appearance of a specific creature or type of creature (usually a humanoid), but retains most of its own physical qualities. A creature cannot change shape to a form more than one size category smaller or larger than its original form. This ability functions as a polymorph spell, the type of which is listed in the creature’s description, but the creature does not adjust its ability scores (although it gains any other abilities of the creature it mimics). Unless otherwise stated, it can remain in an alternate form indefinitely. Some creatures, such as lycanthropes, can transform into unique forms with special modifiers and abilities. These creatures do adjust their ability scores, as noted in their descriptions.
Togainu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old April 28th, 2017, 01:41 PM
No, in creating an NPC in Hero Lab I check the In Play tab, and when you touch the tool it launches a dialog box which asks which abilities remain or are not available. On the other side for example with a Succubus when you select human The Abilities Gained box next to it is confusing.

It comes up with for example +2 to one Ability Score. I click on it and then double click thinking it will tell me what abilities I can adjust nothing happens.

When I click on the question mark it says: +2 to one ability score (Choose)

Unfortunately there is nothing to choose there. Is this just an adjustment you make in play or is there supposed to be a box that comes up for me to choose.

Thank you again for your help.
Sturmrider is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 28th, 2017, 02:42 PM
You are talking about a succubus polymorphed into human form? If you notice, the 3 human abilities are grey meaning you don't get them
ErinRigh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old April 29th, 2017, 03:18 AM
Thank you, that is what I didn't understand. When they are grey you do not get them. Now I won't be pulling out what's left of my hair trying to figure out what you are supposed to do with them.

Thank you again.
Sturmrider is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 29th, 2017, 03:58 AM
NP, mate
ErinRigh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote