Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old November 30th, 2010, 04:18 PM
My brains gone into meltdown.

I'm entering an undead Template that retains BAB, Saves, Skill points and Size of base creature.

However it grants Turn Resistance +2 which i've bootstrapped xTurnRes into the data successfully but I can't get the +2 to show on the portfolio or creature.

Secondly the abilities get adjusted as Dex +2, Int -4 (Minimum 0) and No Con score.

I've got the +2 Dex modifier and the -4 Int Modifier and the Con score to show - but I can't seem to find any code examples on setting a minimum score to an ability, that overrides the modifier if it would be lower.

A search of the editor manual and the forums produces a faint buzzing in the head and blurred vision, methinks tis time for a break and ask the sage Mathias for Help once more!
bodrin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2010, 04:51 PM
The lich, ghost and vampire templates all set their turn resistances within the same script where they apply their No CON score.

I generally don't consider minimums worth the time needed to implement them - they're not something that's often encoutered when adding templates to real creatures, and if so, they're easy to corect manually.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 1st, 2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I generally don't consider minimums worth the time needed to implement them - they're not something that's often encoutered when adding templates to real creatures, and if so, they're easy to corect manually.
They are easy to correct manually, but for my OCD's sake I'd like the template to correctly apply the minimum with a script. This Template base will be a model for a few others.
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 1st, 2010, 08:53 AM
I've managed to butcher a script from the Celestial template that sets the Intelligence to a specific number.

Code:
~ If our intelligence is less than 0, make it 0 minimum
      var intel as number
      perform hero.child[aINT].setfocus
      intel = focus.field[aValue].value + focus.field[aStartMod].value
      if (intel < 0) then
        focus.field[aNormMod].value += 0 - intel
        endif
This works a treat and sets the Intelligence to 0 if it drops below 0 and it appeases my OCD..

Last edited by bodrin; December 1st, 2010 at 08:57 AM.
bodrin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old December 1st, 2010, 11:05 AM
Quick question about this, wouldnt there be an impact if the Int stat was then modified for some reason? being at 0 and adding +2 = 2, while being -2 and adding 2 = 0.

i do like your solution though, dont get me wrong. but folks will need to know that if the int changes for any reason it might not be what they think. but to be honest i dont see that happening very often at all.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 1st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Quick question about this, wouldnt there be an impact if the Int stat was then modified for some reason? being at 0 and adding +2 = 2, while being -2 and adding 2 = 0.
I always read the "becomes X" like this and the things like Greater Bestow Curse ("ability becomes 1") to mean the "starting score" becomes 1.

So if you got GBC'd and Str became 1, but you had a +6 STR item, you would have 7 STR. Bodrin, how does this play into your script?
risner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
I always read the "becomes X" like this and the things like Greater Bestow Curse ("ability becomes 1") to mean the "starting score" becomes 1.

So if you got GBC'd and Str became 1, but you had a +6 STR item, you would have 7 STR. Bodrin, how does this play into your script?
I haven't tested it against all permutations, the template only enforces the minimum of 0 on the INT score when its applied. Any items, conditions or penalties that take effect should still work normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post

i do like your solution though, dont get me wrong. but folks will need to know that if the int changes for any reason it might not be what they think. but to be honest i dont see that happening very often at all.
It doesn't matter if the Intelligence score alters as it's only a Minimum of 0 that is required if it drops below as the template is applied to the base creature.

The script is from the Celestial Template which I found after searching things that set a specific number. So I can't take the credit for it!
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote