Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Dysfunctional_apps

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:21 AM
The first dynamic Hero Lab Character Sheet for Android devices (Pathfinder Only)!

Hero Lab Character Sheet
Hero Lab Character Sheet Lite <--FREE

v1.11
-----
Added Google Drive support

UPDATE: There was an issue for some Lite users trying to use Google Drive to import their characters, I have hopefully resolved this now, apologies!

It may take upto 24hrs for the changes to filter through (19/11/14)

v1.1b
------
Fixed issue with reading portfolio files where the inner xml is not encoded in UTF-8

v1.1a
------
Revised some text in intro guide
v1.1
-----

This is a major update and addresses many bugs and brings many enhancements:

*All devices now have a portrait mode (including phones)
*Characters load asynchronously, they load faster and you have a progress dialog rather than a long pause.
*Lite users can choose between popups and the banner advert - so that they get the best use of screen space for their device
*Side menu swipes in and out with characters, top tabs are now for navigating the sheet
*Tested by a team of Beta testers to ensure a good level of stability before release!

v1.0f
-------
Fixed issue for loading spells for archetypes, for example in the .por spells listed as "Sorcerer", spellclass listed as "Sorcerer (Tattooed Sorcerer, Wildblooded)", the spells and casts per level etc... would not link up.

Also fixed issues where the attribute that a skill is based on (i.e. Acrobatics is based on DEX) would not import correctly, this is due to inconsistencies in the portfolio, this then affected Stat Linking.

Reimport to see both fixes for your character.

v1.0e
--------

Fixed issue where some characters attacks would not import correctly due to inconsistencies in the xml within the portfolio - reimport to correct attacks.

v1.0d
------

Fixed issue with armour class values not loading correctly on some characters, reimport for this to take effect. (I have noticed some stupid Max Dex values, this is how they are in the .por file)

Made adverts take up a little less room on small tablets (Lite version).

v1.0c
---------

Added option to import all characters from a portfolio in at once, also made it so single character portfolios will just load straight away now (inc. companion if applicable).

Fixed bug where users with a folder in their Download folder would not see all their portfolios.

v1.0b
--------

Fixed bug where Dropbox import was not loading Minions/Companions correctly first time, this did not affect users who'd loaded from the local files shown in the Options screen.

Last edited by Dysfunctional_apps; November 19th, 2014 at 11:13 AM.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 22nd, 2014, 01:23 AM
Nice work!

There are a few things I'm not a fan of in your app but I guess that's why I have my own I'm working on

One thing I noticed though running my Test portfolios through your app is that there is no way to get access to minions in your app (Eidalons, druid animal companions etc) something noting that it came up on my app your sure to be asked about shortly by people who grab your App.

otherwise great work on getting this out there!
Philderbeast is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
Nice work!

There are a few things I'm not a fan of in your app but I guess that's why I have my own I'm working on

One thing I noticed though running my Test portfolios through your app is that there is no way to get access to minions in your app (Eidalons, druid animal companions etc) something noting that it came up on my app your sure to be asked about shortly by people who grab your App.

otherwise great work on getting this out there!
Minions should load as a separate tab at the top....

What aren't you a fan of btw? Unfortunately the .xml in the portfolios has great big holes in it, like for weapons a lot of manual stuff had to be calculated for it to work, Domain spells etc... just float around without being linked to a class. All fun you will have to endure to achieve your end goal. The XML that the actual Hero Lab program uses (the lead.xml files) are completely useless to us.

Last edited by Dysfunctional_apps; August 22nd, 2014 at 02:23 AM.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:05 AM
ok just did another check on it, If you load the character with the minion first you get a tab, otherwise it does not appear.

the layout on my tablet (nexus 7) is hard to read as its stuck in landscape is the main thing, particularly on the lite version as you have such a large add that takes up about a quarter of the screen space for the character sheet, i cant even begin to think about using it on my phone due to that.
Philderbeast is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old August 22nd, 2014, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
ok just did another check on it, If you load the character with the minion first you get a tab, otherwise it does not appear.

the layout on my tablet (nexus 7) is hard to read as its stuck in landscape is the main thing, particularly on the lite version as you have such a large add that takes up about a quarter of the screen space for the character sheet, i cant even begin to think about using it on my phone due to that.
Fair enough, on larger tablets, portrait mode is enabled, it's disabled on phones and smaller tablets for the time being, as the current layout didn't look too great in portrait mode all squished up. I am therefore working on a more "overview" approach portrait mode for those devices, just haven't had the chance to finish it yet.

Plus in regards to the adverts, that's what the paid for version is for, it's only 69p which is about $1.15, plus I may add pro features in the future. I'd rather they reserve a section of the screen rather than appear over the content.

All feedback is welcome though.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MercurialJack

Old August 22nd, 2014, 05:33 AM
Hello!

I've tried both these apps (free versions) as I've been waiting for Android HeroLab support for ages. Thank you both for finally getting something onto the market.

I originally tried Philderbeast's app as it was available first. As far as I can see it only exports HTML from the .POR files that HeroLab outputs and then displays them in a browser window. This is great if all you want to do is read your stats as a replacement for a piece of paper, however I was looking for something a bit more interactive and useful.

The Dysfunctional_apps app is much more versatile and feature full. It basically replaces a need for a character sheet, set of dice, and having to do any kind of modifications to your base stats during the game. I use it on a tablet (Nexus 10) and I love the portrait mode as it shows more info without the need to scroll. It's really handy for tracking the increase in stats when I Wild Shape, get buffed etc, and the included dice rollers are incredibly useful. The app really comes into its own when I'm DMing - I tried it in our Thursday game last night and it was really useful. I have all of my players' sheets open and I can roll saves, perception checks etc for all of them without them even being aware.

Granted, it only works for Pathfinder, but thankfully that's all I play with my groups. If I had one feature request, it would be that is calculates the increase in spell DCs when the relevant stat is increased. I'd also love some DM tools like an initiative tracker etc, but that's not so much to do with reading the character sheet so I'm just being greedy.

The ads were a little big on my phone, but for 69p it's a no-brainer to purchase the full version. Keep up the good work. I hope others realise how useful this app can be!
MercurialJack is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dtyrant

Old August 22nd, 2014, 06:21 AM
There's a bit of fine-tuning needed but it's certainly a very good start.

Agree with Phil on the Ad's... so I bought it!!!

EDIT: Just realised I'd completely ignored the note about Point Blank shot, wondered what was going on (hence fine tuning comment), all good now!

Last edited by dtyrant; August 22nd, 2014 at 06:25 AM.
dtyrant is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:49 AM
v1.0b
--------

Fixed bug where Dropbox import was not loading Minions/Companions correctly first time, this did not affect users who'd loaded from the local files shown in the Options screen.

This might take a few hours to show up on the Google Play Store.

I now understand what you meant about the minions not working Phil lol, I'd got so carried away with testing local files I forgot to test Dropbox doh!

Last edited by Dysfunctional_apps; August 22nd, 2014 at 11:54 AM.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:19 PM
v1.0c
---------

Added option to import all characters from a portfolio in at once, also made it so single character portfolios will just load straight away now (inc. companion if applicable).

Fixed bug where users with a folder in their Download folder would not see all their portfolios.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old August 25th, 2014, 02:49 AM
v1.0d
------

Fixed issue with armour class values not loading correctly on some characters, reimport for this to take effect. (I have noticed some stupid Max Dex values, this is how they are in the .por file)

Made adverts take up a little less room on small tablets (Lite version).

Last edited by Dysfunctional_apps; August 25th, 2014 at 02:52 AM.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #10 Reply With Quote