Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Asandir

Old February 15th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Looking for some help on this and a way to implement additional Judgements for Inquisitors. Essentially what the SGG product does is give the Inquisitor the option to take different judgements than what are delivered with the core class.

The core class gives the character a fixed nine automatically.

I was thinking, and I don't know quite enough to know if this is even possible or would work. I was thinking about turning the SGG stuff into an Archetype that replaces the core judgements and turns all the core items plus the new SGG stuff into a selectable list, sort of like the Witch's Hexes.

I know the Archetype tab, but haven't built one to date in any dataset I have created, but was thinking this might work.

Any suggestions about how to do this and would the new and replacement judgements be Custom Abilities or Class Specials?

I'd appreciate some feedback and input on potentially how to implement this.

Thanks.
Asandir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Sounds similar to what is done with the Qinggong monk archetype, all base abilities removed and allow the user to add back the ones he wants.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old February 15th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Sounds similar to what is done with the Qinggong monk archetype, all base abilities removed and allow the user to add back the ones he wants.
Great! Gives me something to look at. I've been thinking about how to do this for several months and the idea just hit me today.

Hopefully I can implement it, my datasets are a little rough around the edges, at least when it comes to the scripting language...

Thanks Aaron.
Asandir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old February 16th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Update on Inquistor's Judgments changes.

1) Setup a new Archetype - Inquisitor (Selectable Judgments)
2) Removed the Judgment Items under the Remove Class Special Abilities
3) Setup Modified Secondary Ability Count and set a value of 9 at Level 0. I set this up as a Secondary because it appears that the Domain selection sits in the primary position on the existing Inquisitor setup.
4) Gave a name and a plural name to the Secondary Abilities.
5) Setup as not being available for PFS.

Judgments
1) Rebuilt all existing Judgements as Custom Abilities.
2) Added all new Judgments as Custom Abilities.
3) Available to the new class - Inquisitor (selectable judgments)
4) Marked as not a primary ability - Secondary
5) Show in Activated Abilities tab
6) User Tag - Active Judgment.

Results thus far:
1) Abilities are removed from default Inquisitor when selecting the new archetype
2) Drop down list appears giving the user the choice of judgments.
3) Appear on the In Play tab of the hero.
4) Does not appear that the various Eval Scripts on the existing Judgments can be moved from Class Special to Custom Ability. Generates errors, so apparently all new scripting is going to be required. In addition, the changes that occur at various levels when the hero acquires a new level, will have to be taken into account as well.

That's what I know right now.
Asandir is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
poizen37

Old February 19th, 2013, 11:58 AM
If you figure this out complete, let me know. I have a feat each for Cavalier and Oracle that allow you to switch out one order/mystery ability for one from a different order/mystery and I'm just stumped.
poizen37 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
So you're having trouble translating the eval scripts for the Judgements from a Class Ability context to a Custom Special Ability Context? Is that correct? There are some differences in field names which are likely the cause, could you post the error message you get so I can be sure that's the problem?
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old February 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
So you're having trouble translating the eval scripts for the Judgements from a Class Ability context to a Custom Special Ability Context? Is that correct? There are some differences in field names which are likely the cause, could you post the error message you get so I can be sure that's the problem?
Correct. I don't remember it at the moment, but something about livename I think. I'll have to go back and look. At the moment I'm buried in trying to add the Swordsage from Tome of Battle and Shadowblade from Tome of Magic to Pathfinder ruleset for my current game. About 50% of Swordsage done so it is semi-functional. My first attempt at adding a class to the system.

Our current game is an interesting amalgamation of materials from d20 and Pathfinder. 8 guys show up, bring two books apiece from any d20 or Pathfinder and make a campaign out of it.

And thanks Aaron.
Asandir is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old February 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poizen37 View Post
If you figure this out complete, let me know. I have a feat each for Cavalier and Oracle that allow you to switch out one order/mystery ability for one from a different order/mystery and I'm just stumped.
Will do. No guarantees. Like I said, I sort of had an epiphany about it, and just sat down with it and tried it. Wasn't originally on my list of things to work on, but there are a couple of new judgments in other SGG products and they were just kind of sitting out there.

My base assumption for it was that user can select any 9. Owen gives about three different thoughts in the product, but selecting any 9 is kind of the default. What else is interesting is he has some greater judgments, which require a certain level before selecting, so it almost appears that it is assuming you take any 9 that are available at 1st level, then when you get to the higher level, swap one of them out for one of the new greater ones.
Asandir is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Ok finally had time to sit down and get the error message again on this.

"Attempt to access 'listname' that does not exist for thing cIJDestru"

Existing code copied from Class Special:

field[listname].text = field[thingname].text & " +" & field[xIndex].value

~ only run the rest for the first copy
doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

field[abValue].value += round(field[xAllLev].value / 3,0,-1) + 1

if (root.field[cClrTurn].value < 0) then
field[livename].text = "Judgement of Profane Destruction"
elseif (root.field[cClrNeutGE].value > 0) then
field[livename].text = "Judgement of Profane Destruction"
else
field[livename].text = "Judgement of Sacred Destruction"
endif

field[livename].text &= " +" & field[abValue].value

~ only run the rest if we're activated
doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)

~ if we're active, tell that to the hero, so we can enforce the
~ restriction on the number of judgements active at once
perform forward[Custom.ActiveJudg]

~ apply that as a damage bonus
~ NOTE: Once modifiers have been added to damage, this should be a
~ sacred/profane bonus
hero.child[Damage].field[tDamBonus].value += field[abValue].value
Asandir is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
The listname field only exists on Class Specials, not anywhere else. Just delete that line of code.
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote