Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

flyingcircus

Old August 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I used the DDI downloader, it took 15 hours to get everything downloaded from my DDI account just to have HL not load up the 4E files, I keep getting an error saying the following;

Thing 'pRacGorCha' - Tag group 'AttackVs' does not comply with min/max tag limits.

what is this all about and why does this damn downloader take so long to download 4E, you need to get a better way of doing this stuff.
flyingcircus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old August 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM
This is addressed in the following area http://forums.lwdsupport.com/showthread.php?t=22069
started by Colen on Aug 2nd

Heres My 2 cents on all of this.
I understand that some of you are frustrated at this point, but I would also like to say that most of Lone Wolf is probably getting ready to head to Gen-Con as are some of the users of HL, so I would be say give them the benifit here. They are very good about support and I would think that since things have changed in the DDI that they need to redo the downloader again to make up for it. That is a hard task, please help them by listing problems and make sure that you check the thread that Colen started addressing that they know the downloader is in need of a fix and how to by pass the issue so that HL will work.
I am a customer just as all of you and I have supported this company for years now, they are always good to the customers you may just have to wait for this fix.
Next the problem is how the DDI is written, the downloader must download the infromation then rewrite so that it is usable by HL program. Hence the time it takes, its not great but Lone Wolf has no choice in the matter that is how it must be done. Every time the DDI has a format change it cuases problems for HL and a new version of the downloader has to be written.
SAbel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote