Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

flyingcircus

Old June 6th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I still don't like levels.

Last edited by flyingcircus; June 6th, 2010 at 11:16 PM.
flyingcircus is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
M&M2 and M&M3 are totally separate game systems, purchased separately within Hero Lab. Buying the M&M3 data package (when it releases) won't require that you already own M&M2, but it'll only let you create M&M3 characters. If you want to create both M&M2 and M&M3 characters, you'll need to buy both data packages.

Hope this helps!
It does Colen! Thanks!

and thanks to the other posts for the M&M insight.

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old June 14th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcircus View Post
I still don't like levels.
I have to wonder if you're just hung up on the term, or intrinsically dislike any system that sets power expectations.
Paragon is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Now that we have the first published stat block (Green Lantern) over at http://mutantsandmasterminds.com/dc_...-journal-4.php

I would like to ask (if it's allowable to answer)... will we be able to create powers the way they are displayed there? I like the idea of creating a 'Force Manipulation' entry, and then buying the effects underneath that. It gives a nice sense of organization, and you can sorta do it now, but I'd like to be able to put the name of a 'Power' down first, and then figure out how the effects are organized 'beneath' it as I work out the points.

Now, we'd have to choose a power structure or power, and name it. The way I mentioned would be a little more free-form for creating on the fly, and give me some creative structure.

Anyway, long way to ask it, but is that potentially possible for the DC Adventures/M&M 3E ruleset?
Shadowchaser is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 17th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Wow... those are some significant overhauls to the system. No wonder LW is going to consider 3e a completely different dataset.

Question: Will 2e continue to be supported by LW after the release of 3e?
FifthWanderer is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Shadowchaser: As I understand it, the "Force Manipulation" entry in that statblock is just an array, right? So you create an array, name it "Force Manipulation", and then go ahead and create the powers beneath it. Once you're done, you give the array the correct number of ranks for however much its alternate powers cost.

FifthWanderer: We'll continue to support 2e, just like we still support the d20 system now that Pathfinder is released. I'm hoping that a lot of the work that I do to prepare the 3e data files will also find its way back into the 2e files.
Colen is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old June 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Shadowchaser: As I understand it, the "Force Manipulation" entry in that statblock is just an array, right? So you create an array, name it "Force Manipulation", and then go ahead and create the powers beneath it. Once you're done, you give the array the correct number of ranks for however much its alternate powers cost.
Yes, but there's nothing saying we couldn't have, say, an Array and another Effect aside from the Array in the same 'Power' here. But then, I haven't seen the core rules yet, so I don't know what's going on there. The idea is to simply have powers grouped by 'Container' like structures without having to go '5pp per rank in container' but instead allow any pp total in the 'Power' that contains the "Effects".

For example, and not using the Array example because that seems to be causing confusion, but using the Force Field Power on Green Lantern. We have the following Effects in Force Field: Protection (not sustained like 2E's Force Field, just normal Protection), and Life Support, adding up to 33 points.

Not a multiple of 5, but 33 points. All listed as the 'Power' of Force Field that this user custom-designed. It looks as if someone else, say Brainiac, could come up with a Force Field that might have different features and flaws to it, and might build it with a totally different collection of Effects, but the Power Name that binds everything together is used to simply organize everything.
Shadowchaser is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Lord

Old July 13th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
M&M2 and M&M3 are totally separate game systems, purchased separately within Hero Lab. Buying the M&M3 data package (when it releases) won't require that you already own M&M2, but it'll only let you create M&M3 characters. If you want to create both M&M2 and M&M3 characters, you'll need to buy both data packages.

Hope this helps!
Colen.
I'm new to the M&M system. I used to play D&D 3rd edition till now, and now my D&D campaign is about to end (in about a month).
I read some RPG systems, and figuered the M&M is the best one for my party.
I got exited, and immediatly bought the HL M&M package and added all the M&M books to it (overall 50$).
Now, I have found out that pretty soon, there is going to be a 3rd edition to the M&M. and I havent even played the 2nd. (and wont play for at least one more month).
I know it's only my fault, and I that I should have read more, but is there a chance to "return" the licence ? I own it for less than a week and I realy dont see the point playing M&M 2nd edition for one month. we will probably delay the campaign a little so we'll start with the 3rd edition.
I wish I wasnt so exited, I feel I just blew 50$ for something I wont even use once.
Lord is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 13th, 2010, 06:23 AM
@Lord:
If you look at your software license, there's a full refund if you return it within 60 days.
Duggan is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Lord

Old July 13th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
@Lord:
If you look at your software license, there's a full refund if you return it within 60 days.
thanks for the quick reply !
you are right, I didnt see it before (actually, I havent looked).
Lord is offline   #50 Reply With Quote