Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

DutchJunkie

Old January 19th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrime View Post
All updates are done by volunteers who have nothing to do with Lone Wolf. I usually handle the updates for Fantasy.
How can I help? I got the book. How easy is it to learn to update? Hoe much time would it take me?
DutchJunkie is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old January 19th, 2012, 01:04 PM
When I first started, I had no idea what I was doing. So, I shall give you the advice that taught me.

Look at the .dat and .aug files, work out how everything corelates to each other. When you want to implement a function, find another unit that behaves similar and just go through all options until you understand how it works.

Most of my work has been based on that, but here's a fun fact that seems to have got lost in the mist of time..... I created the original file for the LotR Strategy Battle Game from scratch. That fact seems to have disappeared from the current files.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old January 20th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Just to let you know work is commencing on the file.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
smorgan

Old January 21st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Ultra - I've already done a bunch of entry trying to teach myself how to do file editing. I got most of the troops entered, updated all the bloodline powers and spells and started in on trying to do the heroes. I'd be happy to send you what I've done so far to give you a leg up and let you focus on the more complex stuff.
smorgan is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old January 21st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks, but everything in hand

UltraPrime is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
smorgan

Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Righto - good luck! Looking forward to it!
smorgan is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
I'm working with UltraPrime on this, and things are going well. Just a few bugs to work out. It should be ready by the manditory 1 month waiting period.
ChaosLord is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
sithdevil

Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Awesomes can't wait till the release.

Thanks for working on this UltraPrime & ChaosLord
sithdevil is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old January 24th, 2012, 01:21 AM
As an aside; why is there a mandatory 1 month waiting period? I know what Yobtar wrote, but since this is a volunteer project and thus non-profit, and because it's referencing Games Workshop with legal information and makes no claim of ownership, what exactly is the issue legally speaking?

When I say mandatory I mean mandatory in the sense that we're sort of 'forced' for the month to expire beforehand rather than waiting for someone to put it all into the data file (which I understand takes time which some people may not actually have for whatever reason).

I guess what I'm asking is what makes the situation of a 1 month grace period 'legal' as opposed to instantly (or as 'instantly' as possible) release the data file if capable?

Anyway, sorry for the aside, it's just something that has always made me wonder.
Arijharn is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old January 24th, 2012, 02:29 AM
No, you are correct. Waiting a month makes it no more 'legal' than not waiting. It was a practice the 40K programmers started, and I just followed suit. But from a practical perspective, it gives time for the files to be entered, and then a couple of weeks to check them over. Not that bugs don't still pop up, but alot less than if I was just to release when finished 'first draft'.

UltraPrime is offline   #20 Reply With Quote