Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

kbs666

Old January 21st, 2018, 01:07 PM
I'm reluctant to run it on either of my active realms. They're both far too large to bother with as a single HTML page. I'd much rather the output, if it is to be HTML, be a folder with one file per topic.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 21st, 2018, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I'm reluctant to run it on either of my active realms. They're both far too large to bother with as a single HTML page. I'd much rather the output, if it is to be HTML, be a folder with one file per topic.
My original script has an option for that. But the script is as is. I have too many RL issues right now to further support it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w08...0fuiqT0Fp/view
EightBitz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 21st, 2018, 01:25 PM
I've used your script quite a lot. I was hoping someone, with time, would take the time to advance it.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 21st, 2018, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I got a runtime error on one of the Realms that's been challenging for my script.
The next version will have a very different output routine.

Was the error generated on the loading RWoutput file, or saving the HTML file?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 21st, 2018, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The next version will have a very different output routine.

Was the error generated on the loading RWoutput file, or saving the HTML file?
Saving the HTML file.
EightBitz is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 21st, 2018, 06:09 PM
Hi there! Thanks for the new tool Farling - and of course - thank you again EightBlitz - for providing us with your great tool that helped me already to export a lot of data! Used it several times now and getting nice results. All the best regaridng the RL issues that have to be resolved. Hopefully the situation will improve!

You guys are making this community so much better

Farling, in case you need the realm or a piece of it let me know.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 22nd, 2018, 01:42 PM
Hey Acenoid, I've just released v1.1 which converts your realm to a single HTML file that is 73MB in size. Some of your images are crazy large in size! ;-)

The HTML output was re-structured and re-written to better handle output directly to a file; and means that producing output to separate HTML pages for each topic should be fairly simple to implement (most likely this coming weekend).

There's far more required for the HTML implementation, such as prettying up the output more; but that should be simple now that the basic conversion has been put in place.

It looks like I will be able to produce a PDF output at some point, and the same work will allow for direct presentation of one or more pages of information in a view-only window (since I will have to present in a window before it can be written to PDF). This same implementation would also allow printing directly to a printer instead of storing in a PDF. (Qt is the toolkit, so QPrinter and QPDFWriter will do the job based on me displaying information on a normal page.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; January 22nd, 2018 at 01:46 PM.
Farling is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:22 PM
Hey Farling

I dloaded this tool and it is awesome, but is there any reason that it won't convert some snippets, like Labelled Text and hybrid? Is it that the export does not store that information?
ErinRigh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
There's far more required for the HTML implementation, such as prettying up the output more; but that should be simple now that the basic conversion has been put in place.
I would recommend CSS for this, as it would allow users a standard way to customize things.
EightBitz is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:42 PM
Great stuff! I always love it, when people create these extremely usefull things.

You should add it to your signature, Farling!
Merion is offline   #20 Reply With Quote