Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Kronides

Old September 7th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Hi guys,

Does HeroLab utilise A4 correctly or do we have to put up with non-existent paper sizes and squish things down to print them?
Kronides is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 10th, 2021, 03:48 AM
Standard sheets are designed for 8.5x11 so there isnt squishing. A4 should be bigger
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old September 10th, 2021, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
Hi guys,

Does HeroLab utilise A4 correctly or do we have to put up with non-existent paper sizes and squish things down to print them?
Depends on your definition of "correctly". If you mean, does it print ink on the paper such that the ink sticks to said paper and eventually dries such that the ink doesn't smear, then yes.

How does one "put up with" something that doesn't exist? For example, you might have to put up with your mother-in-law, but only if said mother-in-law actually exists.

I'm also not sure how someone "squishes" printing. I mean, fish are "squishy" and I suppose a fully wet sponge is kind of squishy, but a printed report? I just don't see how.

(I presumed that you wanted a loaded answer since you asked a loaded question. You also didn't say whether you're referring to HLO or HLC, but I'm assuming you meant HLC.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Standard sheets are designed for 8.5x11 so there isnt squishing. A4 should be bigger
A4 is narrower and taller, IIRC (I think about 8x11.5 using U.S. inches).

I would hope that the layout engine in Hero Lab Classic would account for paper sizes, but I don't know that for a fact, because I don't use those non-standard paper sizes that would require my printouts to be squished narrower.
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 10th, 2021, 07:06 AM
Just a friendly reminder that standard paper size is relative. 8.5x11 is standard mostly in North America. A4 is standard mostly in European countries. As I understand paper standards.

OP, like Azhrei above assume you are referring to HLC, I don't believe that HLC normally resizes it's printing format to fit A4 paper. This may have to be done with scaling from your printer interface in the operating system, though this is far from what I'm sure you're looking for. For HLO, haven't used HLO so I can't answer for that version of HL. May want to post your question in the HLO forum.
Krothos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 10th, 2021, 08:27 AM
When I was referring to "standard" I was referring to the most common pathfinder character sheets. Both the ones Paizo provides and the ones that are most commonly used by the community use the 8.5x11 size.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 10th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Neither Hero Lab has an internal dialog to let you choose a paper size. However, Hero Lab Classic appears to adjust to the paper size you've set in the printer's preferences. Printing at A4 size (8.3" x 11.7") gives you a couple more lines of text per page than US Letter (8.5" x 11"). The A4 printout has less space between the columns to compensate.

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote