Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

jbearwillis

Old April 26th, 2021, 12:53 PM
Very Nice, Thanks Fenris...
jbearwillis is offline   #911 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old April 27th, 2021, 04:34 AM
Hello, I was wondering when Plane Shift: Dominaria would be added? I took a break and came back. I am almost certain it was already done but I am now only seeing two of the Plane Shift books can be selected.

Arguably more importantly, can we PLEASE get "barding" added so we can put armor on our familiars and such. Barding rules are the same as standard armor but four times the cost and twice the weight (or vice versa).

I'd also like "Find Steed" and "Find Greater Steed" to be implemented the same way "Familiar" is when the Find Familiar spell is selected.

Thanks guys!
Polecat is offline   #912 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 27th, 2021, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Hello, I was wondering when Plane Shift: Dominaria would be added? I took a break and came back. I am almost certain it was already done but I am now only seeing two of the Plane Shift books can be selected.

Arguably more importantly, can we PLEASE get "barding" added so we can put armor on our familiars and such. Barding rules are the same as standard armor but four times the cost and twice the weight (or vice versa).

I'd also like "Find Steed" and "Find Greater Steed" to be implemented the same way "Familiar" is when the Find Familiar spell is selected.

Thanks guys!
Thanks for the suggestions! Just a heads up, it's even easier for me to take in and track suggestions if they're posted to the issues page of our GitHub. I'll post these up for you, though.

Normally I'd say Dominaria is a low priority, similar to UA. But since I'm caught up on everything I wanted to do for the next release and am waiting for the Ravenloft book to release, I should have some time to do Dominaria this release.

As for Barding, I'll add it to my to-do list. It's an interesting challenge. The master (your character) should be the one paying for it, in theory. But since it's essentially the same thing as armor, it needs to be added to the minion, like your steed or familiar. Hero Lab doesn't have a way of saying "add this to the minion but charge the master's gold for it."

So I think the most doable solution is to make it armor for minions that's free, but with a reminder to deduct the gold cost from the master.

I thought about doing Find Steed and Find Greater Steed the same way as Find Familiar. But I figured it's easy enough to just add whatever creature you want to your portfolio as a mount or just from the encounter builder. But I'll see if I can find some time to set them up like Find Familiar, since it would be prettier. No promises, as I don't know if it'll have some funky interactions with other summon spells. But I'll give it a whirl.

EDIT: Find (Greater) Steed is done. They'll now function like Find Familiar. Barding is also done, and can be added to your companion through their Gear tab. Note that you'll have to manually deduct the gold cost from your hero. And the races and languages from Dominaria are also done. The monsters may have to wait a bit; if we're going to do them, we may as well do all the Plane Shift monsters. And if we're doing all the Plane Shift monsters, we may as well do all the Plane Shift stuff. I'll put it on my radar.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; April 27th, 2021 at 12:30 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #913 Reply With Quote
LiamChgo

Old April 28th, 2021, 06:00 PM
I’m using Hero Lab community pack v3.2. I’m playing an artificer who just acquired infusions. I can create items via the infusions tab, but The only one that shows up in the play screen is the enhanced weapon. How can I make use of things such as the replicated bag of holding, spell wrought tattoo, enhanced defense, or anything else?
LiamChgo is offline   #914 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 28th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Are you adding the infusions both as one you know and one you have active? The Artificer can know more Infusions than they can have Infused Items at a time. That's why the Infusions tab has 3 tables: Infusions Known, Infused Items on Hero, and Infused Items on Ally.

To use your examples:
  • Enhanced Defense - Add it to Infusions Known, then add it to Infused Items on Hero. The second one will have a drop-down box for you to pick which of your armors you want it applied to.
  • Bag of Holding - Add Replicate Magic Item (Table A) to your Infusions known, then add Replicate Magic Item - Bag of Holding to your Infused Items on Hero. You should then see a Bag of Holding in your inventory.
  • Spellwrought Tattoo - Since this isn't in the regular lists of replicable magic items for the Artificer, it's covered by the Replicate Magic Item (Common) Infusion. Add it to Known, select the Spellwrought Tattoo from its list of common magical items, then add Replicate Magic Item (Common) to your Infused Items on Hero, selecting the same Tattoo from its drop-down. The only limitation here is that with the common magic item infusion, you need to then manually add the item to your Hero. We just can't program that one in a way that auto-adds any and all common items.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; April 30th, 2021 at 12:15 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #915 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old May 1st, 2021, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! Just a heads up, it's even easier for me to take in and track suggestions if they're posted to the issues page of our GitHub. I'll post these up for you, though.

Normally I'd say Dominaria is a low priority, similar to UA. But since I'm caught up on everything I wanted to do for the next release and am waiting for the Ravenloft book to release, I should have some time to do Dominaria this release.

As for Barding, I'll add it to my to-do list. It's an interesting challenge. The master (your character) should be the one paying for it, in theory. But since it's essentially the same thing as armor, it needs to be added to the minion, like your steed or familiar. Hero Lab doesn't have a way of saying "add this to the minion but charge the master's gold for it."

So I think the most doable solution is to make it armor for minions that's free, but with a reminder to deduct the gold cost from the master.

I thought about doing Find Steed and Find Greater Steed the same way as Find Familiar. But I figured it's easy enough to just add whatever creature you want to your portfolio as a mount or just from the encounter builder. But I'll see if I can find some time to set them up like Find Familiar, since it would be prettier. No promises, as I don't know if it'll have some funky interactions with other summon spells. But I'll give it a whirl.

EDIT: Find (Greater) Steed is done. They'll now function like Find Familiar. Barding is also done, and can be added to your companion through their Gear tab. Note that you'll have to manually deduct the gold cost from your hero. And the races and languages from Dominaria are also done. The monsters may have to wait a bit; if we're going to do them, we may as well do all the Plane Shift monsters. And if we're doing all the Plane Shift monsters, we may as well do all the Plane Shift stuff. I'll put it on my radar.
Thank you so much. I would have just paid for the barding with the hero then used the option to give the gear to the familiar/mount and equip it.

Question -- how do I implement your additions? Will it just update or do I need to do something?
Polecat is offline   #916 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old May 1st, 2021, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Thank you so much. I would have just paid for the barding with the hero then used the option to give the gear to the familiar/mount and equip it.

Question -- how do I implement your additions? Will it just update or do I need to do something?
Polecat is offline   #917 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old May 1st, 2021, 04:44 AM
Quote:

Question - how do I implement your additions? Will it just update or do I need to do something?
Polecat is offline   #918 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old May 1st, 2021, 04:47 AM
How do I implement what youve added?
Polecat is offline   #919 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 1st, 2021, 08:16 AM
So it'll update for everyone when the next update goes live, which I'm targeting for end of May (I want to include the Ravenloft book that's releasing this month). If you want to grab what's in pre-release, you can grab these files from my branch on the GitHub:
  • COM_5ePack_MtG - Amonkhet.user
  • COM_5ePack_MtG - Dominaria.user
  • COM_5ePack_MtG - Races.user
  • COM_5ePack_PHB - Equipment.user
  • COM_5ePack_PHB - Spells.user
  • COM_5ePack_XGTE - Spells.user
  • COM_Source_110 - MtG.1st

Most of these files already exist on your computer. You just need to open them with a text editor (Notepad works), delete the entire thing, paste the raw code of the GitHub version, and save it.

Fenris447 is offline   #920 Reply With Quote