Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

flyingcircus

Old August 17th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Is there any chance of a Mongoose System Runequest being developed for HL or a Basic Roleplaying System from Chaosium? I use these and would love to see a HL version done up. Just a suggestion, or thought.
flyingcircus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 08:00 PM
We originally intended to develop Runequest data files. However, the person we lined up to do the work was forced to abandon the task due to time conflicts with other personal matters, and we were unable to get someone else to perform the work. The authoring process is vastly more mature now, so it would be significantly easier to write RQ files now. However, I'm not sure how many players are actively playing the game, so it's unclear whether it would make sense to invest the effort at the moment.

Personally, I'd love to do BRS files, since I love CoC - and Delta Green in particular. We have not yet talked to Chaosium about it, which is kinda silly since they're just a drive up the freeway from us. I'll have to make a note to contact them once we get through the insanity that awaits for the rest of this month.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daddystabz

Old July 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I assure you there are MANY people playing Mongoose RuneQuest II, including my group and even using the RuneQuest Pirates supplement. There is also a large amount of people playing BRP games, not just Call of Cthulu.

If you made a general BRP set and a MRQII set it would be an instant sell to me and many in my group. It is a shame to let such a good system get overshadowed by crappy d20 reiteration after reiteration for Hero Lab support.
daddystabz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
morkalg

Old August 7th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I know it comes down to economics of scale but I am SO TIRED of everything being based on D20. There are great systems out there such as MRQ2 and BRP not to mention all of FFG's Warhammer 40K games.

I would buy Herolab in a second if I could get some support for those games.
morkalg is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old August 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Nevermind, what am I thinking. BRP and CoC are really close. Why not just build the data files you need?

Last edited by Spence; August 7th, 2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: brain dump
Spence is offline   #5 Reply With Quote