Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:17 PM
I should say, I can get the links to work in my browser just fine. But nothing shows up in the update list.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2017, 01:01 PM
You definitely have the dl.dropbox URL link to the update xml file in your "Settings -> Choose Secondary Updates Sources" list? YOu may need to remove that extraneous ?dl=0 part and potentially you may need to set it to http instead of https. It also only updates if you've incremented the version number in the updates file AND it should match the version you have set in your .hl file when you created it, plus you need to update the date/time in the updates xml file.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 13th, 2017, 02:13 PM
It used to work, and has worked for at least a year. It does not even show up in the list for updates at all.

My download link is: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ozcaq531yno4khn/updates.xml

The updates.xml says:
Code:
<document signature="Lone Wolf Updates" version="1">
<update name="Civilized Savagery" date="2017/1/11:2153" size="530" description="Civilized Savage Bundle for Hero Lab." uniqueid="0" filetype="3" download="https://dl.dropbox.com
/s/rmzx80p5s4yrfli/Civilized_Savagery.hl?dl=0" website="https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmzx80p5s4yrfli/Civilized_Savagery.hl" companyurl="http://www.dropbox.com/" priority="99" major="1" minor="75" patch="" folder="savage" special="CivSav" dynamic=""/>
</document>
Those links work fine in a browser, but are no longer working within Hero Lab. Hmmm, can you try the source link and see if you can see it? There is a possibility that it is a problem with MY installation of Hero Lab.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2017, 03:48 PM
I think I see the problem. Look at your entry for download="https://dl.dropbox.com /s..."
You have a space between .com and the first /.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 13th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Thanks, if only it were that easy.

Did you try to put it in the downloader it in Hero Lab, just to see if you can at least see it?

SeeleyOne is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:37 AM
I didn't, but I wasn't sure if the space would prevent me from being able to see there there was an update so I would have needed you to fix it first in case that was the issue. I'll try again later now that you've presumably got that space removed.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 17th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Sorry, i forgot to double check this again. I did try it now, though, and it doesn't show up for me in the updater. Comparing your updates.xml file to mine the only thing I was able to find different is that the website= setting on mine isn't directly to the file, it's to the www version rather than the dl version. You could presumably try making that change, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference.

Oh wait, I just noticed your date="2017/1/11:2153" line is formatted as "2017/1" rather than "2017/01" See skald1's issue above. I bet that's the problem you're having!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 17th, 2017, 04:48 PM
DOH! That stupid 01 was it. I need to remember to NEVER do single digits.

Thanks anyway.

SeeleyOne is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Kaput

Send a message via Skype™ to Kaput

Old January 25th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Thank you. That was very useful.
Kaput is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 25th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaput View Post
Thank you. That was very useful.
You're very welcome. I'm glad it was helpful.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #30 Reply With Quote