Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chamchow

Old June 16th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Hello, sorry if this has already been addressed. I'm currently trying to create an inquisitor who gets an animal companion through feral hunter, and then a hawk familiar through the eagle sub domain. However it only allows me to create the animal companion. I did some digging through the forums and found people discussing adding an archetype and while I tried that it didn't work (using a posted file and editing the class to the inquisitor class).

Any help would be appreciated, again sorry if this has already been addressed and I simply didn't find the work around.
Chamchow is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 16th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Hmm.. you will likely get better answers if you post more details about the build you are trying to make.

Feral Hunter is an archetype for the Hunter class, and not for an Inquisitor.
Feral Hunters do not get an Animal Companion at all.
The Eagle Sub-Domain is "Druid Only"

That being said, using only a 1st level Hunter, neither an Animal Companion nor the Eagle Sub-Domain are available to select.

So what you are trying to build sounds like there has to be more to it... Inquisitor at some point? And so on.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chamchow

Old June 16th, 2019, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Hmm.. you will likely get better answers if you post more details about the build you are trying to make.

Feral Hunter is an archetype for the Hunter class, and not for an Inquisitor.
Feral Hunters do not get an Animal Companion at all.
The Eagle Sub-Domain is "Druid Only"

That being said, using only a 1st level Hunter, neither an Animal Companion nor the Eagle Sub-Domain are available to select.

So what you are trying to build sounds like there has to be more to it... Inquisitor at some point? And so on.
My apologies, I was at work and typing quicky.
I'm building a level 6 inquisitor with the Sacred Huntsmaster and Green field marshall archetypes. Sacred huntsmaster gives the animal companion and green field marsall with the eagle sub-domain gives you the familiar.

I did find a work around however, using the free feat and feat without pre-request in the adjustments tab I gave myself eldritch heritage for an arcane sorcerer to take a hawk familiar.

However, is having more than 1 companion just a drawback to using herolab?
Chamchow is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 16th, 2019, 08:08 PM
I think I see the problem. The Green Faith Marshal's "Power of Nature" ability alters the Inquisitor's Domain ability. The normal ability gives you the Domain Powers but not the spells. The alteration gives you up to 6th level spells. While it does not explicitly say it removes the Domain Ability (the Familiar in this case), it can be read that way. It can also be read as adding the spells (as the Stern Gaze ability of the Inquisitor is also replaced in the process).

For a case like that, you may need to search the Paizo boards for an official ruling on which way it should be read (which you are unlikely to find as official rules corrections/clarifications for Player Companions are very very rare). You can also raise a bug report regarding the implementation based on it adding the spells instead of replacing the Domain Ability with the spells... but as an obscure case, it may take a while to get any attention.

As for whether having more than 1 companion is a drawback.. I wonder if you mean something HeroLab doesn't support? The fact that you found a work-around means it is supported... but you may be "on your own" if you multi-class in a way that would cause unusual stacking, for example, and they don't seem to work as expected.

As a test case, I added level 6 character with 3 Druid levels and an Animal Companion, plus 3 levels of Sorcerer with a Familiar, and then bought a Mount. All three "minion creatures" appear in HeroLab normally, so I think your issue really is with the way the Green Faith Marshal's "Power of Nature" has been implemented.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote