Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Rogsninja

Old August 13th, 2019, 06:50 PM
So first all I wanted to create a paladin that used Int instead of Cha. So I copied the paladin class and switched cha to int simple enough. I also mad sure to give the custom class access to paladin spells seeing as it wont have spells for its own class this gives me the ability to add spells from paladin as normal. However for some reason the spells given by the custom paladin oath and any other oath that I make available for this class do not get added. I know it is not a problem with the custom oath because when i make it available to the core paladin the oath spells are added like normal. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? I'm out of ideas.
Rogsninja is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 14th, 2019, 04:53 AM
It might be that your new custom class tags need to be added to the spells.

When you add the oath spells to a normal paladin subclass they get added as bootstraps.

If you click the bootstrap button on the oath you should see each spell, click on the tags button next to one of the spells and one of the tags should be:

Group ID: SpellType
Tag Id: cHelpPal

When you create a class you are asked to supply a 3 letter abbreviation. So you might need to add the new cHelpXXX tag to each of your spells in order to get them to show up as a spell for the class.

Just click to add a new tag and then type in SpellType and the cHelpXXX where XXX is that abbreviation you used.

EDIT: Also, I thought there was an adjustment to change casting attribute already, so you should have just went to the adjustments tab and put the Change Spell Attribute adjustment on a normal paladin without going through the trouble of creating a new class.

Last edited by dungeonguru; August 14th, 2019 at 04:57 AM.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote