Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Katt De Grey

Old August 9th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Hi All,
Have had HL for awhile now and am getting ready to play in a PF Game with Gestalt Characters.
Saw on these forums awhile ago that there is a way to do this.
Lost track of the thread, found it again and realized I was in over my head as I am not all that computer savvy.
So, the question is,
IS there an easy way to make a Gestalt Character or has anyone written something I can download and install to allow me to do this?
In total there are 6-8 of us playing who would need characters made this way.
My personal character is a Druid/Rogue.

Thanks to all.
Katt De Grey is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I haven't done a Druid/Rogue, but it shouldn't be too hard. Just time consuming. I may have some time over the next few days to work on one, if you'd like.

The problem you'll run into is if any of your characters gestalt two spellcasting classes (Druid/Wizard, for example, or Wizard/Paladin). HL can't handle these types of Gestalts. There's no fix for the first, but the Wizard/Paladin can be handled by having the Paladin take an Archetype that has no casting.

I've got several done for Gestalt games I either run or play in:
  • Inquisitor/Rogue
  • Inquisitor/Fighter
  • Barbarian/Summoner
  • Sorcerer/Paladin (the Paladin is a Warrior of the Holy Light archetype)
  • Cleric/Ranger (Skirmisher archetype) in progress that I had completed but lost in a computer glitch
If any of these would be helpful you're welcome to them - just let me know and I'll send you the file.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Katt De Grey

Old August 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Thank you so much.
The ones you have so far, and I find this amazing, are not any of the ones my friends are using.
The Druid Rogue is mine. He is a Lizard Folk Unseen with no racial levels in play.
I would greatly appreciate the help.
Thank you in advance.
Katt De Grey is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old August 10th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I kind of did it with the Modern Hero, (sort of and it is buggy), see the "Art of War" Training ability. It will show up the other abilities.
Frodie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 12th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I've got your Druid/Rogue Gestalt mostly complete. I've got to do a little editing of the custom abilities to tidy up. If you'll PM me your e-mail address I'll send it to you when I get it finished.

It doesn't include any of the material from Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat or the Inner Sea World Guide as I haven't had time to convert the custom abilities from those sources.

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; August 12th, 2011 at 06:14 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Katt De Grey

Old August 12th, 2011, 05:26 AM
PM sent and Thank You very much.
Katt De Grey is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
basselope

Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
I am curious as to how you accomplished the Gestalt setup in the editor. Is it something you can kind of explain here? I have just started experimenting with the editor and have made my own archetype and made a new animal companion. I've also tried messing around with skills a little bit. I'm not completely new, meaning I kind of understand how things work.
basselope is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
BiffMcNasty

Old September 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I just got Hero Lab and love it so far, but I dont know anything about creating a Gestalt Character, much less the Paladin/Monk I need to make for a friends game. Is there a tutorial doc I can download?
BiffMcNasty is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Katt De Grey

Old September 27th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I dont know how Mowgli did it but the results are fantastic to say the least.
The character file went in easly and works very good.

Good luck with yours.
Katt De Grey is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Charender

Old September 29th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basselope View Post
I am curious as to how you accomplished the Gestalt setup in the editor. Is it something you can kind of explain here? I have just started experimenting with the editor and have made my own archetype and made a new animal companion. I've also tried messing around with skills a little bit. I'm not completely new, meaning I kind of understand how things work.
I am not the one doing this, but my guess would be that you create a new class that is the gestalt class, then you copy all of the scripts/bootstraps/etc from each of the gestalt classes over to the new class.
Charender is offline   #10 Reply With Quote