Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 29th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
I'll whip up a simple example that should work as a demonstration. I don't really ever use Monster Classes myself, just the Races. I'll get it to you this weekend sometime (at work now).
Awesome! Would totally appreciate the help! Just FYI I got your BAB, Size, Range, Reach coded into the Summary Basics tab:
SummaryBasics.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 29th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Nice!
Kendall-DM is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 29th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Awesome. That helps a lot!
mirtos is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old September 5th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Apologies, things have been pretty hectic lately at work. So I haven't gotten around to the example. Will try again this weekend.
Kendall-DM is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 5th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Apologies, things have been pretty hectic lately at work. So I haven't gotten around to the example. Will try again this weekend.
No problem it happens. I found another "error" with Races and Spells that I am trying to fix. It "maybe" this same issue but an example would help for me to be 100% sure we are on the same page.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old September 9th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Tried to create an example and found that there is another error getting in the way of the one I'd like to demonstrate. Appears that the linkage to the class from which the spell casting is drawn is not working. I believe this is probably the error you've found, but it is unrelated to the original error. Until this new one is fixed, I can't even make the example work to show how it is not working. Soon as it is fixed, I'll have my example whipped up.
Kendall-DM is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old September 9th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Nevermind, I was able to find a way to work around it. I am including a Test Solar here, nothing filled out except to give it the 20 caster levels of Cleric and attempt to give it Domains (unsuccessfully). However, it allows you to choose Domain spells (from all spells, because of the error). Just make a Test Solar hero, give it a single Domain spell, close the spell chooser and the error will appear.

So the problem appears twofold, the first being what is mentioned above, the code attempting to access a field cSecSpExpr on the Hero Totals where the field really exists only on the Class or Race.

The second is Domains, there is no way to choose Domains for a Race since there are no fields to allow for them. In other words, the Race functions just like a class except for the choosing of Domains. The Domains are selected by Clerics through the Custom Special mechanic, which is allowed to them because the Cleric has a cCustTot field that holds a number indicating the number of Domains a Cleric can choose. It's odd considering the Races have all the Domain stuff set up as if they could select them, but there is no option to set how many custom specials they can choose. There is also a cGiveSpec field on a Cleric, but I have no idea if that is used or not for the purposes of Domains. If it is, this is also missing from Races as well.
Attached Files
File Type: email _TestSolar.user (1.4 KB, 1 views)
Kendall-DM is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 10th, 2014, 11:15 AM
So using the test Solar in the current d20 5.2 I get the following error right away:
Code:
No panel linkage defined for thing 'rTestSolar'
Location: 'evalrule' script for Component 'Spellcast' (Eval Rule '#3') near line 55
I don't get this in my upcoming version. So that is good!

Then when trying to pick a spell I get:
Code:
Attempt to access field 'cSplScExpr' that does not exist for thing 'Totals'
- - -
Empty candidate tagexpr specified for field 'cSplScExpr' on pick 'Totals'
This after looking into it is caused by this script you have running:

First/1000
Code:
perform assign[Helper.HasSecSpl]
This tag is only assigned by a background component when it finds the class has a Domain or Wizard school of magic. By you assigning its messing with HL as it thinks it has access to components that it does not.

If I remove the above script then I am currently getting no errors from your Test Solar in the latest version. Plus it only correctly shows me "cleric" spells to pick from.

This does NOT mean Domains are working for Racial Spells. From what I can tell no background logic is in place to support Domains or Wizard schools for Racial Spellcasting. Now this is something I am happy to add to the "to-do" list but adding this logic is not quick for me. So its going to have to wait at least until 5.4 or so.

Hopefully that at least gets us moving forward with races/monster races that don't toss errors anymore.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old September 10th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Right, well that is a bummer. Solars, among others, can't have domains assigned, can't have additional spells, or domain powers without putting them in explicitly. That seems like a shortfall.

BTW, does Pathfinder allow for choice Domains on races and all the attendant abilities? Anybody out there know?
Kendall-DM is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 10th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Quote:
BTW, does Pathfinder allow for choice Domains on races and all the attendant abilities? Anybody out there know?
Not currently. It also does not handle well a race that gets both Divine and Arcane spells.

I know Frumple created "Racial Classes" to try and give races access to things like Witch Hexes and stuff.

So this is an area that needs improvement for both systems.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote